2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my type r for a service at Honda. They noticed my air con not working and have put 'suspect faulty compressor clutch, power supply also old, air con relay fitted but working at present'

Is this a common problem on the civic and how hard and costly is this to do didn't want to be talked in to anything at main dealer before doing some research myself first.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the above posts only had a month just hope its not going to be too costly at least nothing else was found on the service I suppose

·
Administrator
18,054 Posts
thanks for the above posts only had a month just hope its not going to be too costly at least nothing else was found on the service I suppose
No probs.

If it's the clutch then its a cheaper fix.

Let's hope its a cheap fix ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also what kind of labour time to check it? And also then replace? As not to sure how easy it is to access. Been looking for parts but just seem to find complete compressors

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Will any civic air compressor fit as will try source a used one or is it engine percific.

> I checked the relay and it's still has the standard one which I believe Honda issued a replacement part for. If this relay has caused the air compressor to fail how far do you recon I could get with Honda UK to try get this under warranty. It's a 57plate 66,000 miles with Full Honda history.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
***update****

Got the new relay today from Honda, fitted it and air con fired up straight away lovely and cold so very very happy.

Just surprised this wasn't checked when in for service but at least it's working now :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
***update****

Got the new relay today from Honda, fitted it and air con fired up straight away lovely and cold so very very happy.

Just surprised this wasn't checked when in for service but at least it's working now :)

·
Administrator
18,054 Posts
***update****

Yay, what a result. :civinfo: for the WIN!

I wonder if the stealer would charge you lots of £ to fit a new compressor and then just fit a relay?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yay, what a result. :civinfo: for the WIN!

I wonder if the stealer would charge you lots of £ to fit a new compressor and then just fit a relay?
Yeah thanks to this site has saved me a lot of £££

Did wonder that myself, just being a well known problem would have thought they would check that as so easy to access, but oh well all sorted now

·
Administrator
18,054 Posts
I guess the chap doing your service either wasn't thorough, was too busy, didn't know about the old/bad aircon relay or perhaps he was day dreaming!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi guys, as you are aware I am new to the forum and decided to hijack this thread. My air-con only works for about 10-20 mins then starts warming up which in the summer was a night mare.
I changed the relay and still the same. I've managed to source a nearly new compressor and was wondering how much of a job to fit it myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS I hope it's right but the guy said its off of a type r FN2 so I would like to think it is correct.

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Friddy, exactly the same symptoms... Look at the shim replacement link above. Removed the shim and all fixed for free! Didn't even need the shim kit.

If you replace the compressor, you'll need to pay to get the system degassed, and then regassed afterwards. Please don't vent the gas at home, it's really damaging to the environment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Friddy, exactly the same symptoms... Look at the shim replacement link above. Removed the shim and all fixed for free! Didn't even need the shim kit.

If you replace the compressor, you'll need to pay to get the system degassed, and then regassed afterwards. Please don't vent the gas at home, it's really damaging to the environment.
Cheers spooky, I will have a look if it ever stops raining.

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts