2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've recently became an owner of second hand 2009 civic. Few days after, i've noticed that a/c info on the upper display dissapeared. When a car passes over road bumpers, the info shows again and then suddenly dissapears again. Air conditioner still works when display is off. Other info shows ok while ac info is off. Coudn't find nothing on this forum as well as nothing on the web. No schematics also could be found. Any one had this issue or knows the wiring of a/c? It looks like some connector problem. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car actually has no warranty as i bought it from someone. As an equipment tech on Intel production factory, this is my main job to fix such problems, but without schematics it seems troublesome. I don't know how the harness interconnects between all relevant modules.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
A common fault is a dry joint or broken track on the ribbon connector within the display unit, but eliminate the cable first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A common fault is a dry joint or broken track on the ribbon connector within the display unit, but eliminate the cable first.
Thanks, but how do i get to that ribbon? What and how should i dismantle? Any guide on that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone knows how the information being traveled from aircon to its final destination HVAC display through the head unit. Where is the a/c control unit is located? Where can i find wiring diagrams?
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts