2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

So today I get in my car and air con ain't working.

It was regassed a few months ago and working beautifully up until today... Was working fine on Friday and nothing today... Didn't use the car yesterday but we did have thunder and lightening (as daft as it might sound could this be the issue?)

If I press the A/C button I hear the click of it turning on but not cold... Checked the fuse all good... Disconnected the battery and no change. If the relay is the issue would I still hear the click?

As always cheers guys :)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I've disconnected the battery completely for a few hours, changed the fuses even though they weren't blown.

The air con was perfect on Friday and now not.

When I press the A/C button the compressor kicks in, so I don't think its the relay.

I've attached a recording of the noise... No A/C to start then a few seconds in pressing A/C then the fans kick in but no cold air.

Any help would be amazing as I've read loads of the Air con threads and no further forward.

[Edit]
Forgot to mention, sound clip is with the pollen filter removed as the noise was louder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update.

I've ordered the replacement relay from Tegiwa for £18 delivered.

Spoke to the garage who did the air con regas a few months ago who said they will look at it and see if they can see any leaks and regas for £20.

Also rang Kwik Fit who said they will regas for £40 will also check for leaks and if it works its £40 (with a 12 month warranty) and if it doesnt its no charge and I can look for other faults.

Would you get the regas first then change the relay or change the relay see if that works then regas?

What would you guys recommend? -

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
The relay can be done independently, get it done as a preventative measure.

I'd let the garage have another look at it. Are they any good with A/C issues?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was the first time i'd used the garage as it was a Groupon offer. never used them before. havent heard anything good or bad about the place.

Booked in with Kwik Fit to see if they can see anything. mainly because they are open later and offer a warranty. (if it can be have a re gas)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had Kwik Fit re had my air con... It's now cold.

They took out .360kg and 5ml of oil.
Put in .560kg and 15ml of oil.

They didn't put dye through but said if it goes wrong within 12 month to bring it back and they will.

Also got some BG244 put in as well, didn't realise they stocked it... £19.95 ain't too bad.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,448 Posts
There was a list somewhere showing how much gas your car takes. Think mine was 490. It was down to 290 when i had it re-gassed by Honda for £45 after 3 1/2 years. now intend to re-gas every 2 years. 560 seems a lot but as a 2.2 diesel maybe correct. Gonna look for that list tho.

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts

A/C's have high/low pressure switches so your can may cope with more gas. IF they gassed it with that a high amount.

Most A/C recharge units have a vehicle lookup that then gives a reference to the correct amount of gas. But it relies on the engineer punching in the correct vehicle

I wonder if you would get a straight answer from Kwik Fit?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well when I asked how much they put in and they showed me, I did say thats high from what i've ben reading and they said they just put the reg in and the machine says whats what. So maybe Honda changed the amount? i'm not sure, but warranty for 12 months if anything goes wrong :).

Do you think I should call my local Honda Stealers and see what they say?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thats annoying everywhere I look states 475, and they put in 560... is 85 more that bad. Think I'll ring Honda on my break and then Kwik Fit. I don't want the pressure release opening and possibly sticking.

To top it all off the Relay I ordered from Tegiwa came yesterday but they sent the old model :mad: (not what i ordered or what was described)

Damnit! ha

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just heard back from Honda and they said they would put 475grams in.

Not sure what to do about Kwik Fit.

Also rang Tegiwa and they are sending the right relay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts