2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how i can change the air filter on my new 2010 honda civic 2.2l cdti?
Unlocking the 3 clips is not enough! There is an electric connector on the back which i can't seem to remove?
thanks

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that attachment was cool, thanks.. didn't realise how much goes on in engine when you press the foot down. I have another question, my honda civic 2.2l cdti 2010. there is no mention of tyre pressure for a single driver. It has a picture on side door of five men and a boot load, and a picture of towing a caravan. it advises the tyre pressure for these. The manual doesn't have any info either. Would you know what the tyre pressure ought to be for my car with a single driver or two? thanks.

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Yup, modern cars are complex beasts.

Sorry, no prizes - especially non for you Jon

Re: tyre pressures - there's usually an info plate on the inner door jam that tells you tyres pressures, including laiden. Handy if you are at a garage with an air line ;)

Or if your online, there's always the Civinfo Wiki http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tyre_Pressures

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, You'd think that multi plate would tell you tyre pressure but it only advises on fully loaded which i think is incorrect for a single driver.
i'm still trying to get used to the rear spoiler- it's a silly place to have it. Do civic drivers get over it? would you recommend a space saver wheel or is the trk fluid kit good enough?

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
The rear spoiler doesn't bother me anymore, it did initially. It's great during the darker months, no more dazzle ;)

Spacer saver is a tricky one. If I were ever stranded and the goo didn't help, then I'd want a spare. However, most of the time I make good use of the cubby hole.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the advice. i like the position of the gear but don't like the gear knob so I've been looking at replacing that bit. Your car looks no bad. it's a diesel/2.2l do you get about 40mpg in urban driving?

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Yes, my ride is a derv and early on I swapped the OEM gear knob for an aftermarket copy. It's cheap 'n' cheerful and feels better than the original.

Thankfully I don't do much urban driving. I tend to get 57mpg (tank to tank calc's) and find town driving does pull the average down.

What'd you drive?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i drive a 2010 honda civic 2.2l ictdi saphire blue ES type. I like the colour/perspex front grille and panoramic roof. Just worried that if something goes wrong with car honda might charge alot. i've recently ordered some car mats/boot tray from cyberspares and some silver speaker rings from coxmotorparts honda supplier. But am looking forward to a new gear knob so am chatting to a guy who makes bespoke gear knobs and i hope to get something nice once i get the size dimensions right. It's kinda addictive once u buy a honda civic, never thought i'd be that into it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts