2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the second year service it says replace air filter element (insight only) and in the 3rd year it says replace air filter element (not insight). What is the difference?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think you mean inside by insight? Usually, you replace the external (engine) air filter every year and you replace the cabin filter (inside air filter) every two years. The one inside is the air you breathe, the one outside the air your engine breathes.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you mean inside by insight? Usually, you replace the external (engine) air filter every year and you replace the cabin filter (inside air filter) every two years. The one inside is the air you breathe, the one outside the air your engine breathes.
No I meant what I said. The one inside behind the glove box is the dust/pollen filter. That is separate. On Honda’s website it says Air Filter Element (insight) for the second year service and Air Filter Element (not insight) for the 3rd year service?

·
Super Moderator
2,070 Posts
insight is a model of car
maybe its something to do with type and location of air box
the insight might draw more dirty air into the filter compared to other models

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
insight is a model of car
maybe its something to do with type and location of air box
the insight might draw more dirty air into the filter compared to other models

Ah that makes more sense. So for the Civic the air filter will be replaced in the 3rd year service?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I do know some cars use multiple cabin filters (e.g. BMW 5 series e60). Im guessing one would be the generic particle cabin filter whilst the other one would be say a interior carbon filter? Well at least thats what it was on that car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts