2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi was wondering if any panel filters do much different to the standard Honda filter for the fn2? Want to see if theres anything different but not spend hundreds of pounds on cold air intakes just yet. Thanks

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,315 Posts
It has been proven as far as Air Filter goes OEM is best. Buy it from Cox and save a few £££ over what other dealers charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been proven as far as Air Filter goes OEM is best. Buy it from Cox and save a few £££ over what other dealers charge.
cheers I'm guessing that without going into the hundreds of pounds then I wont see much improvement

·
Registered
84 Posts
Really? I heard K&N were the best. Although I'm not sure what the difference between different performance panel filters would be

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,315 Posts
You'll need to dig out the thread..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just read - either OEM or K&N - OEM maybe very slightly better but K&N is reusable

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
Go HKS panel filter and cut out the cleaning & oiling.
Can be washed out in fairy liquid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go HKS panel filter and cut out the cleaning & oiling.
Can be washed out in fairy liquid.
I've got both a k&n and hks, was going to replace the hks for k&n as heard it was better? Or is the difference really minimal?

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
I've got both a k&n and hks, was going to replace the hks for k&n as heard it was better? Or is the difference really minimal?
Can't tell you.
I've only had OEM or the HKS - all I can say is that she does 215 BHP with one in and no mapping.

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
Christ that's good going. Any other mods??
Not that I know of.
Very cold day (5C), BP Ultimate fuel, HKS filter, only 45k miles that's all.
Have to assume Dyno was accurate, 3 runs 215/216/217 HP

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Best panel filter for FN2 seems to be BMC(enjoyed mine while I had it) .Reusable like K&N. Have used K&N on my previous 1.8.
Other than that you will spend much more money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts