2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting fault on VW SUV diesel. A friend of mine who tends to run her car car on empty rather than full parked up on a country car park which sloped to the left. It failed to start a couple of hours later and it was obvious it was not the battery because that was full of life. The fuel gauge showed about a quarter (or less) full. The recovery guy had to purge the full line (I was not present when that took place so I'm not sure how he did it) and told her that its failure to start was probably due to the angle at which she had parked the vehicle and possibly the twisty, hilly roads approaching the point where it had been parked up. coupled with the tank not having much fuel in the tank

A diesel mechanic told me years ago, when I had a 205 TDI, that one of the most important things about ruining a diesel was to run on full and not on empty because of the condensation which gathers inside the tank. True or false I've always followed the advice and I never found any water in the fuel filter or any warning on the dash that there was.

Just passing it on for what its worth.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts