2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just a quick one (please dont shoot me as I have researched...)

Which is better for an FN2 which will be lightly tuned, OEM airbox with performance Panel Filter, or an AEM V2?

Plans for the car are 4-2-1 decat manifold, tegiwa catback, and a remap.

Just wondering if anyone has experience between the two. I'm not fussed on noise, to be honest I liked how my HKS panel filter sounded with the standard exhaust, but now the exhaust is fitted along with the V2, it sounds almost tinny on vtec and I think its mainly due to the open cone.

I'm happy to go back to the OEM box & HKS filter, but not if it will kill the car when its mapped.

Speaking to a friend to had a DC5, TDI North said his short ram kit was strangling it top end when it was getting remapped.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Chris

·
SIMPLY MUGEN
479 Posts
Get the gruppe on which is less than an hours fit then put your other parts on and the remap obviously last . There is a reason the gruppe m cost nearly £1000 new enough said !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really a viable option for me just now mate, although I had similar (the Tegiwa version) on my ep3 and it was good. So just wondering what would be the best between the two options I have

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Get the gruppe on which is less than an hours fit then put your other parts on and the remap obviously last . There is a reason the gruppe m cost nearly £1000 new enough said !

Its actually more restrictive than the stock airbox lol.... I made more power with the OEM airbox than my gruppe m, although it did look and sound nice.

Mugen box with a scoop to fogs is better.

I've had both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's interesting... what power did you make with the standard airbox and what mods? I'm thinking of running the OEM airbox with better cold air feed

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
I'd either get an injen cai or tegiwa box with scoop. From your choices I'd hondata mod the airbox and stick a k&n in.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Reactions: flashy

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
That's interesting... what power did you make with the standard airbox and what mods? I'm thinking of running the OEM airbox with better cold air feed

I’m at 251 with the mugen box, but didn’t have the scoop fitted at the time of mapping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts