2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,I'm pretty new to the forum.ive had my 08 Ctr nearly a month now love it.i was browsing eBay and came across a TSS air intake (item number 321102158042).ive tried looking on here to see if people had them fitted and if they are any good but haven't had much luck.

Tom

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Mixed reports,

Some have no issues where as others have flatspots and engine management lights on,

Something like the CPL, HKS etc are better but more expensive, sometimes these cause flatspots too though and need tuned with Hondata Flashpro.

Mugen and Tegiwa Airboxes are failsafe though, but dont give the same noise ans an SRI/CAI

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Cheers for the reply fella.ill have a think before I buy
Basically buy it and there is a good chance you'll end up regretting it and having issues.

The ones stoney have said above are tried tested and work.

Hks or open cone (cai) for sound or gains is closed air box

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
but am i right in thinking that a new intake will only be a good purchase if you have it mapped?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
but am i right in thinking that a new intake will only be a good purchase if you have it mapped?
Meh yes and no.

Tbh most will give you something (not all)

They will be optimised by a map same way as an exhaust would be optimised by a map (talking catback)

It should free up and draw in more air engine will adjust and put in more fuel (to an extent) and more power but your talking low bhp

A map will optimise air flow, tweak fuel, timings Etc

A maps always a good idea not always essential.

The cheap intakes 8/10 need mapping as they are crap and cause more issues than positives.

And cutting costs in air intake isn't a great idea

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
as Stoney says the mugen/tegiwa boxes dont "need" mapping and are failsafe on the stock map. the stock R goes really well with them on, the others mentioned "may" or will" require mapping, but its totally worth having them ALL mapped as you benefit from a custom map.

Eliminated rev hang+ More torque + more power+ better fuel economy+ better Vtec points+ smooth power/torque delivery = Maximum win :) and a much nicer car to drive all round.

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Ok that's some good information foe me to think about. If I get it mapped do I have to buy flashpro or does someone like TDI do it for you?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
A stock R without a map drives very well with the Tegiwa/Mugen airbox. Would recommend. Plus if you don't like you can sell it in a heartbeat on here lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts