2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't you close the middle air vents, point them down you freeze your hands, point them up the HFT gets worse, even Honda CS suggest pointing the air vents down as a way of sorting HFT issues.

Just been in the car for 2 hours, knuckles still ache.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Try changing the 'mode' for the climate control, and adjust the airflow that way, you could have it at your feet, your feet and windscreen, or centre vent and feet which will reduce the air coming from main frint vents.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done that, just frustrating though, I prefer to leave it on Auto. I left it on feet, but then nearly got frost bite when I went out in shorts and sandals. maybe I should have left my socks on!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It's to stop you setting the air to come out of -> only, and then you closing all outlets (and thus causing the aircon to push entirely against a blocked exit - not good).

As mentioned, just go manual, or point it all at the gf (and apply some superglue).

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When travelling on my own (90% of the time) I point the vents at the wifes side, when she gets in within 0.5 seconds they are pointing nicely at the microphone on the roof, she gets out leaves them there, I forget, phone rings and the boss thinks I am on the golf course cos of the wind.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts