They fitted in fine, I have re connected all the cables under the seats
Yet when I put the ignition on the airbag light stays on
Has anybody experienced this before
Does anybody have a soloution to fix this

Thanks in advance

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Have you tried re-seating the yellow SRS plug? Do you know if the airbag in the seat is present & unused?

I had this problem once before but not when I was changing seats, the light just appeared one day. Luckily I have an HDS to diagnose the problem and it pointed to the seat.

Turned out that as the chair was being moved about where people needed to climb in the back the contacts within the plug became intermittant.

The SRS module checks the system upon each start of the engine to ensure all components are working, otherwise it shuts the whole system down, so no airbags at all.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The SRS module checks the system upon each start of the engine to ensure all components are working, otherwise it shuts the whole system down, so no airbags at all.
That seems rather overkill! One loose connector so no airbags at all... dangerous?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
had this happen on two renaults I owned the connector plugs would always work loose in the end i cured it by putting a cable tie around the block if all else fails you could try disconnecting the battery for ten minutes .

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
That seems rather overkill! One loose connector so no airbags at all... dangerous?
The light is of course to show that a system isn't working but also a manufacturers disclaimer pretty much. So if the airbag light is on its the manufacturers way of saying get it fixed as we've transferred liability by installing a self diagnostic upon each start.

I think the point of shutting it all down is so that none of the other airbags go off by accident perhaps caused by a short circuit or other. Would be a bit nasty if one went off in your face going down the motorway. (this is my understanding)

The SRS module should have a fault code stored in it can't remember off hand if the HDS can read that or if you need to send it off. But I do know the HDS can tell you where on the car is causing the light.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
My mechanic has a diagnostic machine, I can get him to check it
Does the system just need a reset?
Could try a clear of the fault code using the HDS but there's no guarantee that it won't come back on if the source of the problem isn't fixed as the SRS module performs a check each time the car is started.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
i changed mine and had no problem at all, are you 100% all connectors are in?

·
Registered
425 Posts
It may be a case that the system needs resetting or a bad connection.

Some Ford's and Peugeot's were well known for throwing up air bag warning lights because of the wiring underneath the seat for the seatbelt pretensioners and the fault would not clear until the system was reset.

·
Registered
425 Posts

Unfortunately, there's only so far the electronics can go in determining what the fault is. You can argue it's a lot more dangerous in leaving a faulty system armed that could potentially deploy an airbag in your face as you're doing 70mph down the motorway.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unbolted and Lifted up both seats and found one of the connectors, had not 'snapped' together when I connected them up -doh!!!!!
Problem solved at least
Just goes to show sometimes it can be something really simple
Thanks guys for all your help

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
job done, same thing happend to me on the back seets. least the fronts are easy to get out

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just came across this thread whilst running a couple of searches - my 2007 CR-V has thrown up an airbag light and despite reseating the yellow connectors under the seats and unplugging the battery I can't clear the thing.

I suspect a broken wire under the drivers seat from moving it back and forth over the years, but don't have HDS to confirm. Was going to put a multimeter over the pins to check for current and continuity when the SRS system starts up - would I be at risk of causing something to trigger?!

Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.