2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

2013 1.6DTEC EX. My Airbag light came on today and won't go out. The info message comes up on the main screen with the Airbag Icon and the red icon is on permanently on the dash.

It came on when I put some items on the passenger seat (Tesco!) and when I fastened my seat belt.
I've disconnected the battery for 30 mins and am looking for the fuse location to see if this has blown (I read it was position 11 but my 11 was empty so re-reading manual as we speak) but any other ideas?

I've read an 8G fix to short a part of the fusebox to get up the service menu, is this the same for 9G?

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Is your passenger airbag on or off? (Key switch inside passenger door, open to access)

It may be worth switching the airbag itself off, try a quick battery pull, then reconnect battery, then turn on the passenger airbag.

If not, you'll most likely need a HDS to find the fault, as to memory I haven't seen a foil trick for the 9G as yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I took it and had the code read. Passenger airbag open or something like that. Reconnected and disconnected a few times and tried to clear the fault through HDS but it just wouldn't clear. I've just tried the same with Passenger Airbag off and still no joy.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
May be worth checking the connections under the passenger seat; to my knowledge, the weight sensor on the seat usually needs to be activated for the passenger airbag to fire (to minimise detonations in event of an accident)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

Just to close the loop. I had it re-read at a different place. It did indeed say the same thing about passenger airbag open. However, to make himself more comfortable, he moved the drivers seat forward while he was sat in it and the light went off. Moving the seat backwards and forwards tunred the light on and off and we therefore diagnosed it as a drivers seat airbag connector. Now been replaced and all ok.

Probably a LHD / RHD thing on the scanners.

·
Super Moderator
2,252 Posts
Hi All,

Just to close the loop. I had it re-read at a different place. It did indeed say the same thing about passenger airbag open. However, to make himself more comfortable, he moved the drivers seat forward while he was sat in it and the light went off. Moving the seat backwards and forwards tunred the light on and off and we therefore diagnosed it as a drivers seat airbag connector. Now been replaced and all ok.

Probably a LHD / RHD thing on the scanners.
I had very similar thing with my sons leon
showed up as pasanger side but after chopping the plug on drivers side and hard wirring it solved the issue
apparently very common fault on vag cars

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had very similar thing with my sons leon
showed up as pasanger side but after chopping the plug on drivers side and hard wirring it solved the issue
apparently very common fault on vag cars
Lesson learnt for next time for me. Forget which hand it says.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts