2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. On the way home yesterday the airbag light came on. Got it tested their tonight and the fault came up with..... Short to right hand side airbag. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix. I know my battery isn't the Best (went flat about 6 weeks ago). Would this maybe be a cause? Cheers.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I would imagine a wire has either come loose or a bit of insulation has been chafed and it is shorting to ground.

Only way to fix it is to find where it's shorting and repair it.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Hey guys. On the way home yesterday the airbag light came on. Got it tested their tonight and the fault came up with..... Short to right hand side airbag. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix. I know my battery isn't the Best (went flat about 6 weeks ago). Would this maybe be a cause? Cheers.
Which airbag, there are three on the Rhs. Assuming it's the seat, then the wiring could be chafing where it's routed through the frame. There are some nasty sharp edges on the frame and the harness does have some extra protection in critical areas. However sloppy assembly might have led to an issue here.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Which airbag, there are three on the Rhs. Assuming it's the seat, then the wiring could be chafing where it's routed through the frame. There are some nasty sharp edges on the frame and the harness does have some extra protection in critical areas. However sloppy assembly might have led to an issue here.
+1 which airbag RHS?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys. Left the car in with my local dealer. They have stripped the car down and says it needs an impact sensor replaced and the Rhs curtain airbag. Say they will replace the impact sensor under warranty but the airbag module is at my cost as warranty doesn't cover airbags. Is this true and what would have caused this to happen?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Having Googled it, it would seem there is a known issue with the sensor, but not with the airbag unit itself.

In the US Honda extended the warranty up to 10 years for this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts