2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the airbag warning light at night being too bright. I can adjust the rest of the dash lighting using the odometer dial, but not that warning light.

I was wondering if there is anyway of getting to that light and tinting the lens to make it a bit darker.

Has anyone else tried this?

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Agree with you on that; I take it you are thinking of the passenger airbag warning (Don't sit children here light)

Very annoying when you want to switch on and go at night; It should automatically shut off after a minute or so though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's the light I am talking about. I let my kids take turns to sit on their booster chair in the front, so I leave that airbag off all the time. I've had enough of it glaring at me when driving at night...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yes, that's the light I am talking about. I let my kids take turns to sit on their booster chair in the front, so I leave that airbag off all the time. I've had enough of it glaring at me when driving at night...
It’s really only necessary to turn the passenger airbag off if a child is in a rear facing child seat, if they are in a forward facing seat there is a benefit of the airbag in a crash, I would just move the front seat slightly further back if they are in a high backed booster seat as that is moving the child slightly further forward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, but I'm usually doing school runs with the three rear seats full too, so I was worried the passenger seat wasn't going to go back far enough, I was just wanting to get that light to be a bit duller!

·
i-Vtec
2,558 Posts
I agree, only requirement for turning it off is if its a rear facing child seat, not a front facing one, and certainly not in a booster seat. Sure the picture even shows this, certainly did on my last car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the rule of thumb was front facing ok if chair pushed back? I can't always push the seat back as other kids in behind?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts