2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this one, but here goes.

I am repairing a 2009 2.2 CDTI civic at the moment that had light frontal damage.

The airbags were deployed and I have sourced a full dash, wheel airbag, SRS Controller and seat belts, basically all the parts I need.

I have fitted all the new parts and I expected that with the new SRS Controller that when I reconnected the battery after the full install of the new items that the light would disappear from the display. However the SRS light is still showing on the dash and the airbag fault image still shows on the central display.

My question is, is the new SRS Controller supposed to take the light off when it is replaced with the bags or does it still need reset via the main ECU?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re SRS cable

It will have to be clear with a computer that will plug in under your dash, i had the same problem, srs cable broke new one fitted and had to get a snap on computer to clear the faults cost me £30.

took about 5 mins.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will have to be clear with a computer that will plug in under your dash, i had the same problem, srs cable broke new one fitted and had to get a snap on computer to clear the faults cost me £30.

took about 5 mins.

Hope that helps
Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that any code has to be cleared after a fault like yours, but my assumption was that as I was replacing everything (including the SRS control unit) that the faults would disappear.

But I guess the fault is stored in the ECU for the airbag and not in the control unit itself, so mine will need reset just like yours did.

Hopefully this is the case, if not something that has been replaced is not registering correctly.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
You will need to have the cars SRS system recalibrated by the dealer to accept the new parts.

When the car is built in Swindon, the SRS unit is married to that individual car so a new one would need to be as well.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Airbag Light Staying On

I know its a bit late to add to this posting but just in case .......
I too have repaired a front end smash - new everything including SRS unit and although the fault code reader shows no faults the light will not go off.
Can you tell me what you did with yours in the end Gaz NI?
Was Power Of Dreams right about it needing to be married to the car?
It will pass the MOT at the moment like this but when the new regs cone into force soon it will fail so suggestions apreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts