2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new toy is showing check system for the airbag.... accoding to the service bumpf it has been disabled..... any ideas how to activate it?? Dealers only??

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Is your dash showing the airbag light?

And do you mean the service history shows that the passenger airbag has been disabled, if so then yes the dealer will need to switch it back on with the HDS dealer tool

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your dash showing the airbag light?

And do you mean the service history shows that the passenger airbag has been disabled, if so then yes the dealer will need to switch it back on with the HDS dealer tool
yeah,,, afte few seconds the main warning pops up then when you clear that the small light comes up and stays on.... probably daft question but what and HDS tool?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah.... right. cheers for that.... bloody TLA's.... (THREE LETTER ABBREVIATIONS!)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
ah.... right. cheers for that.... bloody TLA's.... (THREE LETTER ABBREVIATIONS!)
:p haha, if you hover your mouse over the TLA which has a dotted line underneath it will tell you what its short for. But yeah Honda Diagnostic System would be the one, cheers Colin :D

Sounds like you may have two seperate issues there. If in the past someone has asked the dealer to disable the passenger airbag (say for instance to allow a baby seat) then I don't think you should be getting the red airbag light symbol.

I guess when you cycle off the main symbol on the dash a small yellow info light comes on above.

I've had airbag light trouble in the past on mine so I know what a pain in the wotsit it is, luckily I have an HDS.

My issue was down to the connection for the side airbag under the passenger seat. I think due to sliding the seat back/forward it loosened the connection.

Prob best to get yours hooked up to an HDS so you can pinpoint the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:p haha, if you hover your mouse over the TLA which has a dotted line underneath it will tell you what its short for. But yeah Honda Diagnostic System would be the one, cheers Colin :D

Sounds like you may have two seperate issues there. If in the past someone has asked the dealer to disable the passenger airbag (say for instance to allow a baby seat) then I don't think you should be getting the red airbag light symbol.

I guess when you cycle off the main symbol on the dash a small yellow info light comes on above.

I've had airbag light trouble in the past on mine so I know what a pain in the wotsit it is, luckily I have an HDS.

My issue was down to the connection for the side airbag under the passenger seat. I think due to sliding the seat back/forward it loosened the connection.

Prob best to get yours hooked up to an HDS so you can pinpoint the issue.
thats great.. will do.. is a pain in the rear. TVM!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts