2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the car about 2 weeks now , and have noticed that i keep getting a puddle just behind passenger wheel , have done a quick search and it brings up that its the aircon,

only issue is i dont have the air con on, so should it still drip ?

heater controls are just set up as
front windscreen , and on recirc

cheers phil

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
The heater controls use aircon to keep at the temp youve set it as its normal i thought it was leaking same bt makes sense really. You can turn it off tho.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
had the car about 2 weeks now , and have noticed that i keep getting a puddle just behind passenger wheel , have done a quick search and it brings up that its the aircon,

only issue is i dont have the air con on, so should it still drip ?

heater controls are just set up as
front windscreen , and on recirc

cheers phil
If you are 100% sure the a/c wasn't on then I would not expect to see water under the car! :popcorn:

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
If you are 100% sure the a/c wasn't on then I would not expect to see water under the car! :popcorn:
+1

The water the car expells is condensation from the a/c unit. If the a/c isn't on, there shouldn't be any water.

Do you manually turn the a/c off? When I turn the climate control on, the a/c comes on automatically.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok .
had a play this morning and pressed the a/c button and it came up on dash that a/c was off ...lol
all this time running around with the air con on ..

a little stange that it tells you its off , rather than telling you its on , seems backwards to me

will see what happens now with the puddle

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
ok .
had a play this morning and pressed the a/c button and it came up on dash that a/c was off ...lol
all this time running around with the air con on ..

a little stange that it tells you its off , rather than telling you its on , seems backwards to me

will see what happens now with the puddle
Yeah, that's what mine does. Not one of Honda's greatest ideas lol :rolleyes:

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts