2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Honda Civic ES I-Vtec 2007 aircon doesn't blow any cold air. The on/off indicator does come on on the dashboard but doesn't actually do anything.
Any ideas? Could it be the fuse?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought it less than 6 months ago, they serviced it before I got it and did some repairs on the AC. So my thoughts would be probably will check with them tomorrow

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,355 Posts
My 2nd year service they had (Honda) left a/c at lowest setting to show they tested it. But yours being older may not have been gassed. Need to check maintenance log or get it done.

Sent whilst plotting to take over the world.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Yep, while parked with the engine running and door open, turn on the AC button and listen for a slight change in engine note, this would confirm that the compressor is engaging and running correctly. If that is the case, your system likely needs recharged, if not then you need to get the AC relay changed out, as mentioned already theya re about £23 from a Honda dealer. Lots of people report this problem in summer but good on you for running your AC routinely throughout the winter, it should hopefully be enough to keep the compressor shaft seal lubricated and keep gas from escaping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts