2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aircon is not working. It has been regassed within the last four months. I have replaced the Omron relay with the uprated Mitsuba but still nothing happening when pressing AC on. I've tested under bonnet fuse #7 and in-car fuse #36 with a multimeter and both are fine.

When pressing AC on there is no change in engine note and it doesn't look like anything is spinning on the outside of the bottom pulley by the engine. Neither of the fans by the bumper come on either? Should one of the fans come on when turning on the blowers or AC?

Also, I can't here a click from the relay when pressing AC On (even after fitting the Mitsuba relay). I would've thought that even if there was a problem with the compressor then surely the relay would still click?

I've tried the diagnostic tests in the wiki. There is no segment letter with the number 88 indicating a fault. From the other diagnostic test, the values (in brackets) are as follows:

1st sensor:*Cabin temperature*C (30)

2nd sensor: Exterior temperature C (18)

3rd sensor: Solar radiation sensor value (18)

4th sensor: Temperature of the air exiting the*air*conditioning*evaporator C (29)

5th sensor: Drivers air mix opening (d9)

6th sensor: Passenger air mix opening (00)

7th sensor: Mode positioning*% open (F0)

8th sensor: recirc flap*% open (F0)

9th sensor: vent output air temperature C (C0)

Some of the values have letters in them, is this normal or does this indicate a fault?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Aircon is not working. It has been regassed within the last four months. I have replaced the Omron relay with the uprated Mitsuba but still nothing happening when pressing AC on. I've tested under bonnet fuse #7 and in-car fuse #36 with a multimeter and both are fine.

When pressing AC on there is no change in engine note and it doesn't look like anything is spinning on the outside of the bottom pulley by the engine. Neither of the fans by the bumper come on either? Should one of the fans come on when turning on the blowers or AC?

Also, I can't here a click from the relay when pressing AC On (even after fitting the Mitsuba relay). I would've thought that even if there was a problem with the compressor then surely the relay would still click?

I've tried the diagnostic tests in the wiki. There is no segment letter with the number 88 indicating a fault. From the other diagnostic test, the values (in brackets) are as follows:

4th sensor: Temperature of the air exiting the*air*conditioning*evaporator C (29)

Some of the values have letters in them, is this normal or does this indicate a fault?

Thanks

Sounds like a leak In your condenser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts

Thanks
Hi if you've tried all this in the video
You need to try the pressure sensor that is mounted on the high pressure line sort of behind the headlight , disconnect the plug on top and bridge out the connections this will replicate the switch working if the compressor and fans come on , you have a faulty switch

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi if you've tried all this in the video
You need to try the pressure sensor that is mounted on the high pressure line sort of behind the headlight , disconnect the plug on top and bridge out the connections this will replicate the switch working if the compressor and fans come on , you have a faulty switch
https://youtu.be/Gr8hdu76xk0
Thanks, which of the connections do I need to bridge, all 3 of them? Would a scrunched up bit of tinfoil do the job?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks, which of the connections do I need to bridge, all 3 of them? Would a scrunched up bit of tinfoil do the job?

No use a small piece of insulated cable with the ends stripped and it's the plug you need to bridge out not the sensor that will fool the system into thinking the switch has been pressed ,do you have a multimeter ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No use a small piece of insulated cable with the ends stripped and it's the plug you need to bridge out not the sensor that will fool the system into thinking the switch has been pressed ,do you have a multimeter ?
Gotcha, thanks. There's 3 holes in the plug, do I bridge the 2 end ones and ignore the middle one? Yes, I do have a multimeter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 7th sensor: Mode positioning*% open (F0)

What is Mode positioning sensor (all other readigs are number and they are ok)
Does anyone know whitch is normal value for Mode positioning sensor or witch part it this?

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts