2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems that I can add faulty aircon to the list of issues!

It's not demisting, the temperature of the air at the vents isn't cold when set on low & the aircon pipes aren't cold.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll run cold if the temp is set to a low temp.. not had a chance to see what recirculation does on the civic. On my Citroen it made it the car fog up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m having an issue in my 6 month old civic 2018 where the center ac vent on the passenger side doesn’t put out cold air (most of the time) but as soon as it’s turned on it does. All other vents work fine but still the cool is not satisfactory as I need to keep the temp at around 22 or less for it to work

·
Registered
17 Posts
No I keep it on sync. Even from the passengers side, it’s only the center vent. The vent near the window blows cool air. That’s the issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tomorrow's reason for being late for work is that mine is in the garage for new a/c condensor under warranty - if your's is less than a year old then no harm in getting it checked.

Today's reason for being late was a nearside front puncture 🤬. Now I have 3 Continentals and 1 ditchfinder.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it checked today, apparently it's working fine even though it wasn't demisting properly on the way to the dealers!

·
i-Vtec
1,581 Posts
It'll run cold if the temp is set to a low temp.. not had a chance to see what recirculation does on the civic. On my Citroen it made it the car fog up!
When using the recirc button you should always have the AC on. When the recirc button is pressed it closes the air intake vent to the outside world and recirculates the now trapped air inside the car allowing the AC to remove the damp air more efficiently. The windows steam up when the AC is not on and the recirc button pushed because all you have is damp trapped air.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car was on auto so the air con was on.

My Citroen would steam up more with recirculate on even with air con on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts