2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problems with my aircon. I found out that it was the aircon clutch that was the problem, like many of you others. The tolerance ranged from 1 to 1.05 mm, so I removed the shim, and the aircon could again run a long trip without turning off - YES. I did a few trips before going on workshop to have a regular service (not a service of the aircon this time). When I got the car back from the service, there smelled of old cellar in the cabin, and there comes a strange hissing sound from the two middle air exhaust nozzles in the cabin (not in the nozzles of the left and right side) and it blows only warm air again. The clutch still engage at it should, so it’s a new problem now. I have the temperature standing at 21c, if I turns it up to 24c degrees, the hissing sound gets lower, and if I turn the aircon off, but allows the fans running, the sound disappears completely. Out in the engine compartment on the left side, there is a thin pipe (high pressure pipe?) with a small window with some yellow/green liquid, this pipe is still really cold with the aircon on.

Can I have got a leak in the system and what is this hissing sound I can hear in the cabin, but not in the engine compartment?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
The part where the air con system enters the cabin is behind the pollen filter n the passenger footwell. Did they replace the filter ok?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just looked at it, pulled the pollen filter out, but can't see anything unnormal. I tried the aircon without the pollen filter, and the hissing sound is still there.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But without the pollen filter I can clearly hear the sound when I put the ear down to the empty pollen filter box, that the sound comes from the aircon blowing air throug the pollen filter box. Could a aircon leak make so a noticeable sound like that?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi it's an old post I know but did you ever get to the bottom of this ? I have exactly the same issue with mine at the moment, it's recently been serviced and had a few bits done like aux belt and new intake.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
i got the hiss, stops when the air con fuse is removed, so defo air con related , also the recent air con refill only lasted 2 weeks, so i must have a leak

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Did you ever get to the bottom of your air con problem? Mine has finally packed up altogether, compressor not kicking in, fans not kicking in, I've replaced the relay to no avail!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
If the fans & compressor aren't kicking in then you probably have no gas. Go get it regassed and ask them to put some dye in at the same time. If it stops again then they can use a UV torch to find the leak. Mine did the same, you could hear a hissing noise, turned out it was a leaking condenser (the air con radiator in front of the main engine radiator). Cost me £190 to have it replaced. Been fine ever since.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I had the hiss too and was told this is sign of low gas got it refilled by Honda no his freezing cold air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts