2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my aircon re gassed, there where no signs of any damage to other parts of the system. However, it is still not blowing cold air, it is slightly cooler but no way is it like my other cars which had aircon. I have a 2.2 diesel civic 12 plate. Any ideas as to how to remedy this problem I would be most grateful. Dont want to start spending heaps of money at the dealers if there are other solutions I can do myself. Thanks much apprecieted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)Hi Das thank you for posting a response, and apologise for the delay in replying. I have tried it with or without the Recirc but it has made no difference. I fear its going to be an expensive repair and have to wonder it if is worth the cost, my windows work fin
e :). I have recently changed the in cabin filter so theres plenty of good ventilation just no aircon. Any other thoughts? is there anything at the front of the car which may have got damaged e.g. stone chippings etc? which might effect it running. Thank you for your input it is greatly appreciated. Oh and you dont know where I might a matching front drivers side seat from as mine has started to show wear on the lower lumber padding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Das thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Is the link you sent just for reference to getting the part form them, as it says Nissan not Civic? Pardon my ingnorance but mechanics is not my strong point lol Is it more likely to be the Condenser rather than a Compressor which is significantly more expensive?

·
i-Vtec
2,795 Posts
Nissens, not Nissan, lol. Nissens is the manufacturer, they are a quality manufacturer. As @Grossey also points out check the relay. Is the Fan coming on when you press the AC button? If you pull it out the knackered ones usually rattle when you shake them. its in the engine fuse box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nissens, not Nissan, lol. Nissens is the manufacturer, they are a quality manufacturer. As @Grossey also points out check the relay. Is the Fan coming on when you press the AC button? If you pull it out the knackered ones usually rattle when you shake them. its in the engine fuse box.
Looks like I need som new glasses aswell lol. I shall take a look regarding the fan kicking in, what I dont get or hear is a change in the engine sound, which you usually get when you switch the aircon on, is this significant? or have times changed and you dont get that any longer.

·
i-Vtec
2,795 Posts
When you got it regassed was it working at all? Who ever regassed it should have checked this, and did a temp check too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had it gassed at a local garage beginning to wonder if it has been done correctly or at all. But I will take a look at the relay first or see if the fan kicks in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for that information it was very informative, I just need to find out where the relay is in my fuse box, on my model, as it is different from the one shown in the video. My how it works book does not show what relays do what, and at best is really confusing anyway. I will try to illiminate smaller fixes before hopefully not having to spend to much money on parts that I may not require. Your help is very much appreciated. As I said I am no mechanic lol.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Yes you have a 2.2 9th gen so it may be in a different place

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
It’s the fourth one down and it looks like it has already been replaced as it is a Mitsuba one

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to be a pain, but is that 4th down on the right hand side? is it possible if it has been replaced before that it has gone again? Thank you very much for the information it is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Yes forth on the right the mitsuba relays are made better than the omron I believe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As the clutch is not even clicking on the unit when the aircon switch is activated, its worth replacing the relay first see if it has faulted. I shall get one on line and thank you for your help so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I got the new relay and fitted it and its made no difference. So its looking like either the grill condensor or the main unit.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
its there a fuse on the aircon system?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts