2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I hope somebody can help me here, I have managed to make a right pigs ear of a fairly simple task.

Like many on here I was having problems with the microphone in my Civic EX recognising spoken commands so I decided to dismantle it to try and improve it (if only I had read the thread on here first !!)

Well anyway I very stupidly mistook the alarm sensors for the microphone and tried to pull the rubber surround that covers the sensor away which of course pulled out the 2 connecting wires, I have reattached the wires (but have no idea if they were hard soldered in) and tried it but now they dont work, I have tried locking with the remote and then waving around inside the car but nothing :confused:

Not sure if the fact that one of the sensors is broken will mean neither will work.

Would welcome any suggestions

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, would I be able to buy 2 from anywhere? I have checked on Honda website and looks like they only sell the complete unit for £227 :(

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Ones TX, ones RX.

If ones broken then neither will work
Is this true?

I understood the interior sensors were ultrasonic and monitor air-pressure levels - why would there be a TX and an RX one :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts