2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got yesterday my brand new 1.8. Sport and now I'm wondering if the car theft alarm is a standard option in 2007 Civic? I have alarm stickers in the front side windows and red led is blinking behind the steering wheel when I have locked the car.

After 17 kms (from dealer to home) driving car feels very good. At the next weekend I have time to drive more and really enjoy the car :D

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Try it. Sit inside the car and lock the doors with your remote. Then wait a minute or so and try to open the door from the handle without unlocking your doors.

Preferably try this in the morning before 7am in your neighbourhood. :)

(So, yes, there is an alarm. It's explained in the manual, I think.)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got my car just a two days ago. It is so nice :D

In manual it says, that alarm goes on when someone is trying to cut wiring, trying to use wrong key in the "keyhole", trying to mess with the doors or trying to mess with CD-player.

There is no sensors to alarm if someone sits in your car etc. Correct me if I am wrong?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I know that EXs in the UK have a sensor in them. Not sure if our Executive level spec has that as well.

Sports do not have the motion nor sonic alarms as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My ES has a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm, so has two sensors in the car near the courtesy lights at the front. It works, too.

Lock your car with a window open, then try to open the door from the inside (as a car theif might try). That should set the alarm off.

I left my wondow open with the car locked in the summer for a few minutes before getting in to get the hot air out. I threw in a bottle of water and my CD wallet, and triggered the sensors.

To test, just putting yor arm in an open window is enough to set the alarm off if you have sensors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Yes there seems to be an alarm without inside sensors.Anyway nice surprise!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts