2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

I have a an 07 place 2.2 EX

I was having issues last night where my alarm kept going off. I took it to Halfords to get the battery checked and they said it passed. The Alarm Kept going on all night with different symptoms when I locked it.....

No Flashes when lock
3 Flashes when lock
5 Flashes When lock

does anyone know what these mean?

It got to the point where I had to call Green Flag and the guy was really good but we could not stop the alarm going off. We tried to remove the central locking fuse and that did not work , so I decided at 01:30 to drive the car to my work and leave it there so its cant disturb anyone.

I have tried today to call a few places for advice or help but no one has been any good apart from the main dealer offering to charge me £85 to look at it.

The Green Flag guy did manage to get some codes out of the computer which I have and hes cleared them but they have not come back. The car has been sat at my work with the alarm still going off all day!.

The Codes in the computer where

B1155
B1156
B1157
B1159
B1160
B1188
B1905

I remember reading somewhere about some sort of Alarm re-set where you put the key into the ignition?

Any thoughts, tips, help etc would be great!

Cheers

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Those errors suggest a power/ground issue so even though your battery has checked out, ensure you have solid/clean power and ground/earth connections throughout the engine bay.

As for the alarm, have you tried bypassing/unplugging the bonnet release switch? - that's notorious for causing issues.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will look at the bonnet catch tomorrow, Does just disconnecting it fix the issue? Does the circuit need to be open or closed? or does the catch need to be replaced?

I have cleared the codes out and will keep an eye on them as I have no idea how long they have been there. I just hope my Cheap ODBII reader can pick them up if they come back.

Thanks for the Advice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply its been a little hetic here. So I changed the battery anyhow which did not fix the issue but did the bonnet catch and boom all fixed!

thanks for the advice everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts