2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Mine will only auto lock if it has been unlocked but no door has been opened ... So unlock it, open and close a door, and it should stay unlocked (but unalarmed)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks tried not locking it and alarm still activating, might sound dumb but it won't go off if I leave door open will it ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine will only auto lock if it has been unlocked but no door has been opened ... So unlock it, open and close a door, and it should stay unlocked (but unalarmed)
Okay so did your exact steps and 25mins later you are now a god to me thank you ! Dealers in the morn ohhhh the joys

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
A common issue is the bonnet alarm switch

There is a switch under the bonnet latch behind the grill that can fail and trip open when the bonnet is closed making the alarm go off.

Simple fix is disconnect this switch and the system should work fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A common issue is the bonnet alarm switch

There is a switch under the bonnet latch behind the grill that can fail and trip open when the bonnet is closed making the alarm go off.

Simple fix is disconnect this switch and the system should work fine.
Quick update: took it to honda Cannock and typically the alarm didn't sound. They have disconnected bonnet sensor like you have said so let's hope that will rectify the problem and then I will not it's the bonnet and can get it replaced, good service as only rang up today and free of charge. Thanks for all help given on this post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts