2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unfortunate East Fife fan
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has a 2004 civic and alarm keeps going off if she opens boot, doors etc after car has been unlocked.
Car has been into auto electrician but can't find any fault.
Anybody any ideas what her next move should be?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Friend of mine has a 2004 civic and alarm keeps going off if she opens boot, doors etc after car has been unlocked.
Car has been into auto electrician but can't find any fault.
Anybody any ideas what her next move should be?

Old fords used to suffer problems like this because the contacts that tell the car when the boot was closed got corroded and couldn't send a signal to the alarm to dis-arm so the car thought the boot lid had been busted open.

Wire brush solved the problem. Dont know about the civic maybe a gremlin in the system. But the wire brush might be worth a simple cheap fix.

·
Unfortunate East Fife fan
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old fords used to suffer problems like this because the contacts that tell the car when the boot was closed got corroded and couldn't send a signal to the alarm to dis-arm so the car thought the boot lid had been busted open.

Wire brush solved the problem. Dont know about the civic maybe a gremlin in the system. But the wire brush might be worth a simple cheap fix.

cheers bud. Will give it a try.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try reset the remote locking key - the guide is somewhere on the forum because I've had to do it too and it worked.

The standard key worked fine and set the alarm no problem, only had the problem with the remote locking key.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a 2002 that started doing the same thing after two years. It ended-up being replaced under warranty.

There were problems with the Hamilton-Palmer alarms and Honda stopped fitting them apparently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts