2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After someone came down my drive recently and put a hideous scratch on my bonnet (right down to the metal in parts), I've decided to purchase an alarm with proximity sensors, which will hopefully warn me if someone is loitering next to or touching my CTR.

What I don't want is the alarm going off if the postman walks past the car, however. Does anyone know whether the proximity sensors can be toned down to, say, six inches distance before they kick in? All I really want to know is if someone touches the car. After much Googling the info I'm finding isn't all that detailed.

The alarm I'm most likely to buy is a Clifford Concept 650.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
They have them in B&Q I think. It's very simple laser type thing. Something breaks the beam. Alarm goes off.

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Programming Dual Zone Proximity Sensor.

NOTE: ALARM MUST BE UN-ARMED

1) Press Clifford button 3 times then * once. You will hear a chirp and the LED will stay on.
You are now in the inner zone. Wait 15 seconds

2) Press * button to decrease sensor, boot release button to increase.
Lean into the car through an open window to test, when the alarm senses you there will be a chirp. Again, from here you can increase or decrease it's sensitivity and re-check.

3) press ** to enter outer zone and again wait 15 seconds.

4) Repeat section 2, stand by the car window (closed) until a chirp warns that the sensor has been activated.

5) Press padlock once (2 chirps follow) to exit back to inner zone, press padlock again (3 chirps follow) to exit completely

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Programming Dual Zone Proximity Sensor.

NOTE: ALARM MUST BE UN-ARMED

1) Press Clifford button 3 times then * once. You will hear a chirp and the LED will stay on.
You are now in the inner zone. Wait 15 seconds

2) Press * button to decrease sensor, boot release button to increase.
Lean into the car through an open window to test, when the alarm senses you there will be a chirp. Again, from here you can increase or decrease it's sensitivity and re-check.

3) press ** to enter outer zone and again wait 15 seconds.

4) Repeat section 2, stand by the car window (closed) until a chirp warns that the sensor has been activated.

5) Press padlock once (2 chirps follow) to exit back to inner zone, press padlock again (3 chirps follow) to exit completely
That should do it - thanks. Sounds like there's much scope for configuration and I should be able to set the zone I want.

·
What ya at
837 Posts
It's 10 metres wide with only trees on either side, so hard to see how it could be achieved.
Any pir security lighting installed on the entrance to the property. I have cctv installed, and i find the best deterrent is a pir motion detector with robotic tracker light and indoor wireless alarm.Which will follow any person around that enters the property and activates an internal alarm to let you know that some one is outside there ain't many that will stick about when there is a spot light on them. Nightwatcher security lights.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
yeah will need clifford system for proximity , it will be like a microwave field so anyone comes close to upon contact your car you can make it warn them .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts