2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost my car keys :( so had to get locksmith to get one cut one but it doesnt have remote locking feature so when i open the door with key the alarm goes off is there any way to stop the alarm sounding other than with key fob
any help would be appreciated
cheers
Duncan

·
Registered
151 Posts
Get the stealer to disable the Alarm, then when you are sorted with a new set of keys, get them to re-enable it, hard cheese losing your keys though, easily done. :)

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
I'm afraid the only way your driving your civic is to go to honda and they will have to program a new key for you.. As when you insert the key into the ignition the chip in the key talks to the control module behind the ignition key insert.

£235 thank you sir.. Oh and you will ahve to tow your car to their dealership to execute that particular procedure.. Ouch... Expensive.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nooooo just picked car up at about 2 ish yesterday with new key at 7ish i emptied the washing machine and what did i find :( a now un programmed key great!!!!

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
aw nightmare dude :( !! like you said earlier though ..... lesson learnt
you will laugh about it one day :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Terrible mate. On a couple of occasions I have managed to stop my keys going into the washing machine. Its a tough lesson to learn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts