2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. New to the forum and looking for some help. Hope I have posted this in the correct place as it's a combination of electrical and interior trim issues.

I have a 2006 Civic ES (8th gen) and I need to remove all the interior trim from around the drivers side rear wheel arch so I can disconnect the alarm siren. The main battery recently went flat and I had to remove it for charging. During this period (2 weeks as I didn't need the car straight away) the lithium battery for the alarm siren also ran flat causing it to go off continuously (when I reconnected the main battery) or until I disconnect the battery again - I can lock and unlock the car, even drive it, but the alarm won't shut up!
I've been advised by my local Honda dealership that disconnecting the siren would be my best solution if I don't want to pay £555 for a replacement (sealed) alarm unit, but that's where their help has stopped and I have no idea how to remove all the trim to get at it.
Has anyone had experience of this issue or removing the trim from the boot area? Any pointers, order of removal or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts