2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, urgent help please...!!!! Working on my car yesterday, 1.8 2006 ex and disconnected the battery. After finishing, put battery back on and the alarm siren in the boot is sounding. Key fob works with the locking, indicators flash but siren still sounding.

Any advice as I have had to unplug the siren but the red light in the dash keeps flashing.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Try remove the battery again and leave for perhaps half an hour, less might work (I dont know if things on the dash gets reset when leaving, probably). Then when you reconnect it disarm/lock/unlock the car with the fob as soon as possible. I´d try it at least 3 times, the whole process, might help. Also make sure the siren is correctly connected so the problems not there

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, didn't work
Done the dash check and get a code of PA10 B1029

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoken to honda who said the alarm module has a battery in it and if it's not charged will cause the sounder to sound. Any one know where the alarm module is?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know if it's ok to use a second hand siren from a breakers yard or does it need coding to the car etc?????

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all, if I get a siren from the breakers yard, does it need coding to the car and is there an installation process ie battery disconnected etc

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Hi all, if I get a siren from the breakers yard, does it need coding to the car and is there an installation process ie battery disconnected etc
Try sending a private PM to Syx, Mr Bozo or Rickhondar, they have a lot of knowledge in the electrical and electronics field. I am sure they would be happy to help. :cool:

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hi mate,

Thanks for the PM and sorry for the late response.

Bit of a puzzling one this! If you've flattened the alarm internal battery then that sounds like you've forgotten to reconnect something - the battery should only be used as a backup in case the main power fails; in the same way as a house alarm I'd guess.

As long as everything is reconnected and no fuses have blown (#16 in the under-bonnet fuse box I think it is), then changing the siren or the internal battery for it may solve the issue if the internal battery is knackered.
It's not coded to the car, so you can replace it with one from a breaker.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update, got a replacement module/siren from a breakers yard. Cost £25. Removed car battery, installed new siren. Reconnected battery, all good, no dtc's. Relieved slightly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts