2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I left my civic in the car park this morning I forgot to put the window up. Didn't notice it till I came back. Thing is, the alarm didn't go off. Although it went off when I put my arm inside I assumed it would go off as soon as I set the alarm. Is everything as it should be or have I got my first problem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Seems like the alarm works on senseing movement within the cabin or when the circuit is broken when doors or the boot is forced open. Haven`t received my Civic yet so I`m sure there are owners more clued up out there than me.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
My alarm activates if the car auto-locks while I'm jetwashing it. From what you have said it had worked as expected, if someone had tried to reach in and open the door it would have sounded.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Having heard my alarm for the first time just over a week ago it sounded like a door bell rather than an alarm.
Was having battery problems etc at the time but when all is well does it sound loud and should the lights flash etc?

·
Registered
28 Posts
@beepee - check the manual, your alarm is functioning to spec.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My alarm will be triggered by the wind if a window has been left down [even partially]. Agree about the poor sound level of the alarm though.
In these technology rich times[!] perhaps future models can be made to notify you on your mobile phone if the alarm has been activated.
Yes I know you could have left the phone in the car and its attempted theft could have triggered the alarm...but I think you can see the advantage of this if your visiting a suspicious area at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts