2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a Diesel Type-S a few weeks ago, but reading this forum made me paranoid about the geometry so I took it to a local guy I trust to do a 4-wheel alignment check. Obviously the only thing he could do was the Toe. Here is the print out:

Could you tell me if any of those readings are problematic and if so whether your Fast Road Set-up would be the way to go. I am a big fella and rarely carry passengers so I think it might be advantageous if the setup takes account of my body weight.

As far as I know the suspension is stock and I have absolutely no intention of lowering the car.

I live near Chesterfield so am only a couple of hours away. I fancy getting this done for peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi,

I bought a Diesel Type-S a few weeks ago, but reading this forum made me paranoid about the geometry so I took it to a local guy I trust to do a 4-wheel alignment check. Obviously the only thing he could do was the Toe. Here is the print out:

Could you tell me if any of those readings are problematic and if so whether your Fast Road Set-up would be the way to go. I am a big fella and rarely carry passengers so I think it might be advantageous if the setup takes account of my body weight.

As far as I know the suspension is stock and I have absolutely no intention of lowering the car.

I live near Chesterfield so am only a couple of hours away. I fancy getting this done for peace of mind.
Hi mate, thanks for getting in touch regarding your geometry on the Civic.

The rear alignment looks to be out, but I would want to get it on our equipment here to be sure. If we get it booked in, we have the shims in stock to adjust it to the correct spec. We could also fit the front camber bolts, allowing us to set the front and rear to FRS

Cost-wise, you'd be looking between £175.00 and £209.00 inc VAT and that will allow us to set the front and rear to our FRS using shims and camber bolts.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or you'd liek to book in.

Rich 01270 567177

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Hey guys, had a frsu done on my car just wanted to get your opinion if thats ok...the car is barely used so wanted to go reasonably aggresive with the camber etc but tbh i cant make much sense of the graph

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hey guys, had a frsu done on my car just wanted to get your opinion if thats ok...the car is barely used so wanted to go reasonably aggresive with the camber etc but tbh i cant make much sense of the graph
It doesnt look right to me
It doesn't look bad, the rear is pretty good.

I think they've put toe in on the front, which won't make it very responsive on turn in. The camber is also a bit different side to side. Have you got camber bolts in the front?

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Thqnks for the reply pal....i took it to my mate who explained what diagram was wat so need front toe on -0.05 not positive like it is now and change front camber to +1.00 each side, cheera tho 👍

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thqnks for the reply pal....i took it to my mate who explained what diagram was wat so need front toe on -0.05 not positive like it is now and change front camber to +1.00 each side, cheera tho 👍
That will be a lot better.

Let me know if you have any issues!

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
-1 degree camber on front
1.4 on rears
Toe is all set and feels soooo! Much better now the toe has changed ..... Finding myself taking corners wide just to feel the grip as I chuck it back into the bend 😀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts