2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
On my car the sensors work fine, even when it is pouring down like it tries to extinguish hell.

They should be able to fix it somehow.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Mine goes crazy when it's raining, normally OK when dry, but occasionally it 'cries wolf' when behind another car, yet nowhere near - I reckon it's spray?

That disable button gets used more than it should!!

Al.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Mine has done it once in a car park when raining. Mrs M 8 threw a wobbly. "Watsat, Watsat??" said she. "Gawd knows, I have only just got the car" said I:surprise:.
Note to self. Learn where the on/off switch is. Then hit something because it's switched off.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Not a 10G but I wish I could turn my fronts off.

Sat at lights, minding my own, when Mr motorbike pulls through and sits close enough for beep beep beep beep beep, till the lights change.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
And this is another reason why mine is tucked up in the garage.. ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This relates to the parking sensors alerting "Warning:Approaching Object" when driving slowly or stopped, and there isn't anything in the way. Even if you've not seen this problem, please could answer a couple of questions to help me find the problem?

Take a look at the attached photo.

1. Have you ever had the problem mentioned above, how often, and is it after rain?
2. How high and thick is your numberplate holder compared to mine?

I'm hoping that there will be some sort of pattern, so I'd appreciate as many answers as possible.

Thanks!
1/ Yes, always after rain or after washing.
2/ Same number plate as yours.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Honda have a 'fix' for this in the form of yet another new grille. Mine came before Christmas, but the factory seem to have forgotten to drill holes in it. I still await with my breath well bated. They also have a fix for the whistling air conditioning., I believe it's an 'on complaint' fix, so if your aircon whistles, complain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, after 1100 km I can say that I have the problem too.

Had it already 4 or 5 times

So that 'off' button is welcome! Turning it then back 'on' doesn't solve the problem immediately ....

Will be following this thread for a possible solution

·
Registered
54 Posts
The factory do not drill the holes, that's done at the supplier. Secondly, the dealer obviously ordered the wrong part! The problem is with the plastic moulding, that's why other manufacturers have the same problem and some cars are effected and some are not. Injection moulding is very complicated with changes taking a long time to rectify with supplier at a considerable cost to us if the part is already within production guidelines. Changing the grill can sometimes work as certain batches of parts have a different fibre lay or glass inclusion (but still within production specification). Changing these specifications is a massive undertaking of time and money and regardless how much people post on here that ''Honda don't care'', they do and try to solve problems as quick as possible but can't always control how dealers treat you when you have a problem. My wife has a new Mini and I can assure you get exactly the same set of problems and gripes on those forums as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Warnings when wet

I had a problem with beeps, warnings etc after heavy rain. 1st discovered it in Ireland! There is definitely a fix involving replacement of the front grill. Info is on here somewhere. Mine was done a couple of months ago. Dealers are aware.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got a new grille fitted on mine today to hopefully fix sensor issue, along with new brake pads for squeal, new aircon pipe for whine. Sqeaking wiper blades was only thing they didn't fix, will buy after market wiper blades worst case for that.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts