2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a recent change in circumstances I've decided its time to part with my beloved Vivid Blue CTS :(

Those of you who have met me, should already know a lot of time and effort went into my car to make it look the way it did last week, but unfortunately over the last week its been stripped down to standard again ready to sell on to a new home.

Like all stories mine had a beginning,

The Day I picked her up.

A middle,

After colour coding a new spoiler,

A K&N 57i, an engine dressing kit and some silicone radiator hoses.

and an ending,

CTR Wheels,

Carbon wrapped bonnet, matt black wheels, door handles and fuel cap and questionably legal sunstrip :p

We had a good journey together and its been really fun modding, however all things must come to an end.

Like all good stories it wouldn't be right without a twist at the end, the reason I'm selling her is because I'm turning 25 and I can now afford to insure my new pride and joy which I picked up yesterday.

Meet my new Type R GT, already fitted my Heko's and the dealer let me keep my mint CTR wheels and he kept the scuffed Rages that came with the car :D

First thing after getting her home was an intensive Wash, polish, wax and detail, she had been neglected and abused by the previous owner :(

However after about 3 hours she was glowing :D

Didn't take anymore pictures after I had dressed the tyres and finished detailing as it was too dark.

She is a 2007 model full GT spec (no sat Nav or Bluetooth I plan to change the HU) and has covered just over 30,000 miles with one lady owner and imo was a steal at 8k. Apart from a few stone chips and a couple of marks a small worn patch on the gear gator she is in perfect condition.

Modification plans start in the new year,

Induction - HKS RSK
Exhaust - Martelius
Suspention - Unsure, but will include FRS
Brakes - Are worse than my CTS will need looking at

Not got any further than that, any advice or tips on where to go would be great.

What do you guys think?

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
all stories should have a happy ending :) the old car looked great at sumo !!
best of luck with the :typer: tom.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
type s was awesome mate!!! type r looks good aswell! and thats a pretty good bargain! enjoy buddy

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Very nice fella, sweet upgrade :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments guys, I couldn't be happier with it and really loving the colour.
The way the power is delivered in the R is so different to the S although the S wasn't exactly slow you really had to work it and drive it hard to get anything from it but in the R its just effortless. I was going down the route of the elite map and some coilovers and a new clutch with the S but after taking a step back and thinking if I saved this money I would only need a little more and I could get an R and with my birthday only weeks away it seemed like the right choice.

The more I drive the R the more I think the brakes should be first, so what would you guys recommend? I don't want to go mad was thinking, fluid, lines and pads, would I need to do discs too? What sort of costs am I looking at?

Also I have some greenstuff rear pads I never fitted on my S I read somewhere they are the same as the R is that true?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Yep I agree about the brakes, they were the first thing I upgraded. I bought the Do-luck lines from Sumopower (£130 delivered), Brembo plain discs from ebay (£73ish delivered), Cosworth Streemaster pads again from Sumopower (96 quid delivered) and some Motul brake fluid. I fitted them all myself so it cost around 350 in all. Well worth it in my opinion ;)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Good luck with the new car tom. Your the reason I have a 57i on my CTS so thanks for all the info you gave me.

Enjoy the vtec ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck with the new car tom. Your the reason I have a 57i on my CTS so thanks for all the info you gave me.

Enjoy the vtec ;-)
No problem at all mate, Hopefully I'll be the reason you'll be driving a CTR soon :p

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Nice one mate!! Car is looking gooood!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts