2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondering who will be lining up the All New Euro Civic when it is launched mid 2012 ??

I know the launch engine will be the New 2.2 i-DTEC followed by an economical petrol lineup and possibly IMA Hybrid. Also a smaller oil burner is in the pipeline.

I am looking forward to it as the feedback has been godd from those who went to Germany to view it.

Neil Gibbons
Bassetts Honda Bridgend

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Would love to continue with Civic's, but as an early buyer, too many problems, rattles etc. Maybe if these have been sorted, I'll consider but I won't be an early purchaser.

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I expect to be replacing my car around that time but...

...ditto: too many rattles, creaks, groans and concerns over build-quality; and I've had two brand new Civics since 06.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New 2012YM

From what I here the car is an all new model but the styling has not changed too drastc.

The main areas of concentration this time were rear wiper, diesel engines and all new suspension set up.

The mule photoes apparentely are nowhere near a representative of the new car.

Will keep you updated.

Neil

·
Registered
356 Posts
I used to say after many many years of Honda Accord ownership, that if you cut me in half it would say HONDA, but 6 months with my CTR , much as i love it ive had my trust in Honda build quality completely dashed. I doubt I would buy another Civic and maybe not another Honda. Never thought i would say that.
That reminds me need to book it in to have the warped brake discs and 3rd gear looked at.............

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Same for me, will not buy another Honda that is built in UK. Good spec, great engine (2.2) but poor reliablity and badly put together comparing to the last Civic (EP3).

Trim rattling like mad, Clutch let go in less than 50K miles even when I drive like an old man, drop links, suspension knocking, subframe knocking, rear caliper failure... endless... Hate Fords, but I will get one the next time.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Will be replacing the car then but too risky to pay my hard earned cash in order to act as Honda's QA department again!

If I don't change I may see how the new Civic is getting on 12 months down the line from launch but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Just wondering who will be lining up the All New Euro Civic when it is launched mid 2012 ??
:confused::confused::confused:

Do you mean purchasing one?

How could anyone say they are going to get it without knowing any concrete details about it?

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts

How could anyone say they are going to get it without knowing any concrete details about it?
People do it all the time mate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I'm quite interested and will go diesel next time. If it's out in March do we know which motorshow will be showing the concept?
Possibly at the IAA in Frankfurt this September...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Hi Ash

I just mean on their shortlist. Unless Honda get it right I can't see them selling as well as the current one. I think they know the current model is not up to scratch due to the warranty work they have done. Honda's are great cars as the rest of the range is faultless.

neil

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Hi Ash

I just mean on their shortlist. Unless Honda get it right I can't see them selling as well as the current one. I think they know the current model is not up to scratch due to the warranty work they have done. Honda's are great cars as the rest of the range is faultless.

neil
I see, I thought you meant pre order it or something.

Personally I love my Honda, I appreciate it has a few faults but I honestly think all the pros are worth all the issues. I have owned two Civics one being the ES 2006 another being my FN2.

I hear the sad news that Honda have decided there wont be a MY2012 Type R Civic.

I hope there will be some sort or performance focused Civic of some description otherwise I certainly wont be considering the new Civic. Sadly I appreciate forced induction is what is needed to keep in contact with the rivals whilst pleasing EU directives. I fear Honda might not encorporate the idealogies of the Type R brand in any such application, which will be a shame.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I won't consider one unless the build quality is similar to the 05 7th generation civic which in my opinion was a far superior vehicle with less annoying gimmicks like alarms when a door is opened that cannot be turned off.

The heating system will need vast improvement to eliminate footwell draughts and controlability of the 7th gen manual system.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts