2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,New to this forum and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions,I have a 09 type r.i have only had it a few weeks and didn’t realise that the air con was not working.(I know schoolboy error).when I first switched it on nothing so I took it to Halfords and they made an attempt to recharge it but they said it wouldn’t recharge.So after looking at the forums I changed the relay but the clutch did not kick in.I replaced the 7.5 amp fuse to see if that helped and nothing.Today I recharged the system myself and low and behold the clutch kicked in.Unfortunaltly it’s not working that great it’s cooler but not what you would expect.Any suggestions before I take it to a garage ? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think recharging yourself works that well since you usually need to draw a vacuum on the system to do it right. So unless you have a vacuum pump you should have it recharged professionally.

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
They most likely refused to complete the regas due to a failure to test, either maintaining a vaccum or nitrogen pressure. You'll need to find the leak that is causing this; Pop down to a proper AC place and get UV Dye gas added - They should then be able to trace down the leak with a UV Light:- It's probably a hose connection or the condenser that will need looking at / replacing.

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
yeah
they are supposed to do a pressure test before wasting gas and releasing it in the air if any leaks
the air con pump wont kick in if the pressure is low
you've probably got a burst condenser or pipe
my aircon stopped working last year after someone kindly bumped the front of my car in supermarket carpark
returned to car front end hanging off
luckily it all just clipped back up but shortly after noticed aircon wasn't working
I regassed with home kit I got cheap and was fine for about a week then stopped
im guesing the kind person that bumped my car has damaged something on the aircon
car is now 12 years old and approaching 180000 miles so cant be bothered to investigate or replace condenser

1 - 5 of 5 Posts