2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has had any experience with Eurocarparts and either the Eicher or Pagid discs and pads for their Civics?

I've priced up the Pagid discs and pads all round for £220 and Honda in Shepton Mallet have quoted £330.

I'd rather save the money but at the same time... dont want to waste my time on cheaper unreliable parts.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has had any experience with Eurocarparts and either the Eicher or Pagid discs and pads for their Civics?

I've priced up the Pagid discs and pads all round for £220 and Honda in Shepton Mallet have quoted £330.

I'd rather save the money but at the same time... dont want to waste my time on cheaper unreliable parts.

Cheers,

Ben
Pagid isn't cheap and unreliable lol!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pagid isn't cheap and unreliable lol!!

That's why I'm here, to garner opinion - they're far cheaper than what Honda have quoted that's for sure.

Anyone used Coxmotorparts? They are selling genuine parts for roughly the same.

B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They'll be ok mate... again it obviously depends what your using your car for and what you expect.
Nothing but everyday driving; work and back and longer trips. Just as long as they stop the car!

Just so much choice out there and when you compare prices, I need to ensure that I'm getting bang for my buck.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Nothing but everyday driving; work and back and longer trips. Just as long as they stop the car!

Just so much choice out there and when you compare prices, I need to ensure that I'm getting bang for my buck.
If that's all you need it for then dude they'll be absolutely fine.

As long as you don't get too much heat into them they'll cope fine with everyday driving.

It's only if you decide you fancy a spirited drive, after hitting the brakes a few times in quick concession you will find that your brakes aren't functioning properly!

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If that's all you need it for then dude they'll be absolutely fine.

As long as you don't get too much heat into them they'll cope fine with everyday driving.

It's only if you decide you fancy a spirited drive, after hitting the brakes a few times in quick concession you will find that your brakes aren't functioning properly!

Hope that helps :)
Spirited drive... like it. IF the mood took me, what might be a better selection? Manufacturer or someone else? (Thanks for the assistance BTW)

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Spirited drive... like it. IF the mood took me, what might be a better selection? Manufacturer or someone else? (Thanks for the assistance BTW)
I mean if i wanted to buy pads & discs on a budget... that would still be "ok" personally i'd go for EBC Redstuff pads all round with OEM discs.

I don't actually think that would be much more expensive that what your paying now!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I would suggest braided lines and motul rbf600 fluid aswell, maybe even a brake cylinder stopper too.

Braided lines will reduce brake fade and the bcs will stop the bulkhead moving under heavy braking.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just had Pagid discs and pads fitted all round. Got them from Euro Car Parts for about £150 a couple of months ago (used discount code at the time 30% off). Local garage fitted them last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just had Pagid discs and pads fitted all round. Got them from Euro Car Parts for about £150 a couple of months ago (used discount code at the time 30% off). Local garage fitted them last week.
How are you finding them?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seem to be ok. Lucky if I have done 200 miles yet as I have only been commuting so no 'spirited' driving. Mainly motorways or urban driving with no big stops yet. Feel a bit soft but I reckon that is probably down to fluid.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Seem to be ok. Lucky if I have done 200 miles yet as I have only been commuting so no 'spirited' driving. Mainly motorways or urban driving with no big stops yet. Feel a bit soft but I reckon that is probably down to fluid.
Soft is the bulkhead moving, you need to find a brake cylinder stopper and maybe change your lines. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HKS-Braided-Brake-Line-Kit-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FN2-/271036239264

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/1l-motul-rbf-600-dot-4-brake-fluid-261/

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The dude doesn't need red stuff pads, cylinder shoppers or race fluid!
He's stated he's just after some decent gear that will stop the on the way back and forth to work and such.

For this purpose pagid will be fine.

Some people's idea of spirited driving is behaving like they a're ayrton senna on the public roads but most it's more like giving it a bit extra welly for ten minutes when they have some clear road ahead for a change

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The dude doesn't need red stuff pads, cylinder shoppers or race fluid!
He's stated he's just after some decent gear that will stop the on the way back and forth to work and such.

For this purpose pagid will be fine.

Some people's idea of spirited driving is behaving like they a're ayrton senna on the public roads but most it's more like giving it a bit extra welly for ten minutes when they have some clear road ahead for a change
The brake stopper improves everyday braking actually, as it stops the bulkhead moving under braking and braided lines are to replace the crap expanding rubber lines.

Dot 4 brake fluid is used in standard cars aswell as clutch fluid!

So nobody has stated to drive like aryton senna, we're improving his brakes to make the car safer. Geez!!! :banghead: :screwy:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The brake stopper improves everyday braking actually, as it stops the bulkhead moving under braking and braided lines are to replace the crap expanding rubber lines.

Dot 4 brake fluid is used in standard cars aswell as clutch fluid!

So nobody has stated to drive like aryton senna, we're improving his brakes to make the car safer. Geez!!! :banghead: :screwy:

Your missing the point.

The op isn't asking about making his brakes better or improving bite or fade or anything like that. All he's asking is if the pagid discs and pads are reliable, which they are.

Apologies if you felt like I was somehow comparing you personally to ayrton senna, I assure you I wasn't.

No need to bang your heed off the wall.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm thinking about going for paid front discs and pads on a budget, they ok for occasional driving? Honda ones seem ok and I've been told they are better than factory standard

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Your missing the point.

The op isn't asking about making his brakes better or improving bite or fade or anything like that. All he's asking is if the pagid discs and pads are reliable, which they are.

Apologies if you felt like I was somehow comparing you personally to ayrton senna, I assure you I wasn't.

No need to bang your heed off the wall.
I only suggested to the OP, the person who said they have soft brakes means the rubber lines have expanded, hence why i linked them to braided lines and rbf600. ;)

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
I have paid and they squeak and squeal like I've never heard, I've stripped them and dremelled them, used shims and copper greased but they love to squeal and give me dust

1 - 20 of 22 Posts