2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of winter and didn't want the hassle of keep changing winter/summer tyres. Anybody any views on Michelin Crossclimates or Goodyear Vector 4 seasons on 17 inch Tourer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the Michelins on a 10G. Very good all rounder. On the 9G we have Fulda multicontrols, excellent in the snow, not a bad all rounder. Prefer the Michelins. Have had both through all the seasons.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Will probably go for the Michelins. Did have a set on my CRV and they were still good after 50k. Although I don't suppose I'll get the same from all season set. Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looking at these for my Tourer too. Currently on Bridgestone Turanza which are really noisy. From reviews I've read online, the Michelin's are fairly quiet.

Let us know how you find them.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. That was an interesting read will certainly be getting the cc tyres. Do you know if they have rim protection? Have asked Michelin and still waiting an answer. The Bridgestones that are on do protect the alloys quite well.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
If like me you can hang on until Novemeber as it does not get cold enough yet... they are rather expensive so want my monys worth :grin2:
Crossclimates are an all-season tyre biased towards summer performance and suitable for year-round fitment, it's not correct to say that it is not cold enough yet - assuming you are in the UK, of course.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,376 Posts
You could try blackcircles.com. Put in your required tyre size. Select all season then compare brands against your preferences in fuel/grip/noise/cost etc. Michelin crossclimates are one of my potential choices but so are nokian. Only done 12000 miles on these so bit to go yet before I have to choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I suspect from a supply and demand standpoint the CrossSeason tyres may well come at an inflated price once winter kicks in.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Crossclimates are an all-season tyre biased towards summer performance and suitable for year-round fitment, it's not correct to say that it is not cold enough yet - assuming you are in the UK, of course.

That is true. The context of my comment was regarding my money's worth from the current summer tyres that I was planning to bin as they are legal but near end of life. The top Michelin and Goodyear both hold grip down to the legal indicator (aquaplaning aside). I can not say the same for any other tyre brand I have experianced.

CraigUK said:
I suspect from a supply and demand standpoint the CrossSeason tyres may well come at an inflated price once winter kicks in.

Good thinking thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks to all who have replied. Have taken the plunge and ordered 4 Crossclimates from Blackcircles at £95 each fitted. You can't buy them cheaper supply only! Also better to buy whilst on offer before winter. Will post feedback later. I'm sure they will be better than the Bridgestone Turanza and Potenza mix the dealer had on the car. Seemed a bit of an odd assortment for one owner and 13k miles! Also should get more mpg which will be no bad thing with the price of petrol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well thanks to all who have replied. Have taken the plunge and ordered 4 Crossclimates from Blackcircles at £95 each fitted. You can't buy them cheaper supply only!
I don't like to split hairs but I can get them for £92.81 for AA members going through National Tyres & Autocare (see the AA Tyres website and enter in your membership number).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Currently free from Honda
I am new to Honda so just looked this up. How does your car qualify for this being 2007? I presume the car needs to be under the 5-year warranty or have the extended warranty. I would just about qualify for extended warranty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi. Now running a 65 plate Civic Tourer as the CRV started getting a bit expensive to run and the inboard drive shaft joints had started to go. Anyway I was still on free breakdown cover with that until I got rid 12 months ago. Seems Honda will gives the cover free as long as you have the car serviced but you only get it if you ask. That's what the dealer told me so I always did! Regards. Charles

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well tyres been on a few days. Must say it's a lot quieter now and the steering feels a lot more positive. Improved mpg of about 10%. It's altogether a different drive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am on day one. I just posted on the other thread how they improve comfort over the factory fitted Bridgestone. The new "plus" model should overcome the end-of-life drop off issues experienced by those using the older non-plus version hopefully like the Pilot Sport that is my all time favourite tyre. Time will tell.

They are not very sporty looking from the side, a little frumpy even :frown2:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
We have a set of Steel wheels we used on our 8th gen. But since swapping to our late 9th gen tourer we have been unable to use them due to the offset change. So now looking into a new set to swap during winter months.

Trawling the usual ebay and sale sites hasnt come up with much as yet.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Well thanks to all who have replied. Have taken the plunge and ordered 4 Crossclimates from Blackcircles at £95 each fitted. You can't buy them cheaper .
I don't like to split hairs but I can get them for £92.81 for AA members going through National Tyres & Autocare (see the AA Tyres website and enter in your membership number).
Kwikfit, £85 a corner fitted.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts