2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me an honest opinion of one of these? Looking at possibly getting the 1.8 ivtec version. Good points, bad points, reliability, things to look for?

Ta

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Yeah, sorry @flashy missed this too.

I had one, 2.2 icdti sport. was a very good car and did us well.

Attachments

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'd forgotten about this too :laugh2:
I think we want to go newer, the last frv was around 2009 (I think). She likes the Kia Sportage, we test drove one, she's a bit concerned the rear window is quite small. I guess one with a reversing camera would help. Ford Kuga and maybe a CRV but they tend to hold their prices.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'd forgotten about this too :laugh2:
I think we want to go newer, the last frv was around 2009 (I think). She likes the Kia Sportage, we test drove one, she's a bit concerned the rear window is quite small. I guess one with a reversing camera would help. Ford Kuga and maybe a CRV but they tend to hold their prices.
The main selling point with the frv other than the usual Honda quality is the fact that it seats 6 in a relatively small body size, if you don’t need that particular feature then as you say it’s getting a bit old now.

For us although the children are older and we don’t need that many seats, we have moved the front middle seat all the way back and because of the flat floor the bloody dog sit there now, so guess we’ll be sticking with it for a lot longer.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I have been considering a K swap with my charger in one ;-) we loved the 3 seats in the front and the large boot too. best practice car I think I ever owned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best car I've ever owned. 2008 2.2 diesel EX. Bought in 2009 with 4,500 on the clock. 145,000 miles later and it's difficult to find a car to replace it's all round ability and TARDIS-like interior. It has some rust and a slow oil leak which I can't locate. It has been utterly reliable. It's still on the same clutch. It had a new CD player under warranty. The ride isn't as refined as modern cars. Equipment is basic in comparison but I will genuinely miss it when it's gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts