2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I originally posted this in my first thread which got moved to the new memebers area - which I didn't notice before :oops: )

On ordering my 1.8i V-TEC I was told that I couldn't get Penta alloys - if I wanted these I was supposed to upgrade to 18" wheels (at considerable cost) :x . This was bizzare as they were in the brochure for 17". To be fair to the dealer he did say they would order in demonstartors with the Pentas on and they could just swop them over :D .

I just wondered if anyone else has had this issue? I realise the brochure does state that any items are liable to change, but the other 17" alloys lool nowhere near as nice (IMO).

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi thanksdenis i am still waiting for my civic1.8 i shift but i orderd pentas on mine and have not been told that they are not available now ? and they are17" MAY CHECK WITH MY DEALER TO BE SURE

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got Penta's on mine, the dealer swapped my normal wheels for Penta's (from a showroom accord) for 650 pounds.

The Penta's are great, brake dust coloured (don't need cleaning :) ), sporty but not as hard as 18" and the tyres are much cheaper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have the 17"" Penta alloys on my 1.8 but these were already fitted to the ex-showroom model that I bought, I think this colour goes well with the grey trim and they do help to hide a little brake dust. However, some toe rags found the chrome dust caps a bit to attractive and managed to nick one before the supermarket staff chased them off, these are, according to my local garage, a bit like gold dust.

As the car was ex-showroom and wasn't my first colour choice I did get a £600 discount which covered the cost of the alloys, this seemed like a good deal to me at the time, and personally I am glad that I didn't wait for a grey civic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts