2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Nov 2010 2.2 diesel Si.

On cleaning the wheels, I noticed that there was some bubbling occurring (picture).

Is this covered under warranty?

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Depends where the bubbling is, if its inflicted with hitting the kerb then i highly doubt it would be covered. I have tried getting a alloy repaired from a dealer as there was bubbling from around the hole for the valve. Subsequently the dealer refused. Its worth a try though.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Depends where the bubbling is, if its inflicted with hitting the kerb then i highly doubt it would be covered. I have tried getting a alloy repaired from a dealer as there was bubbling from around the hole for the valve. Subsequently the dealer refused. Its worth a try though.
If you look at the photographs you will see its not in an area that will be affected by kerbing
Yes..They will replace them if there is no damage

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
This should be covered under warranty. I had few of wheel nuts changed under warranty 'cause they have started to corrode at the corners, so this should be covered too.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
My Rages are doing the same Grrrrrrr :-( and one alloy out of the 4 has tiny scratches from curbing hence why I'll be refurbing for spring next year. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I also have Electras and one is starting to delaminate on the edges.

My previous Civic had the alloys changed twice for corrosion, they were Sedici.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Persnally, having just bought (and installed) a set of 18" Blades, newly refurbed in Anthracite, I go the refurb \ powder coating route every time ...

Leaves a perfect finish, and you can get a unique \ custom colour ...

Any future damage - just bead blasting \ possible filling \ recoating - new wheel ! ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spoke to one of the guys at a local Honda dealership. He asked to see the defect and said that normally Honda are quite good at replacing issues like the one i've got.

But he then asked where I bought the car from. Told him it was Motorpoint, and then he went on about some crap about the fact they import cars from Cyprus. Don't know what that was all about.

Anyway, i've to phone the service team on Monday, as they are not in today.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Had the exact same issue on my Blades. If the wheel is in pristine condition like mine was (no kerbing, no chipped paint, etc...), I'm almost certain that Honda will honour a warranty claim.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Spoke to one of the guys at a local Honda dealership. He asked to see the defect and said that normally Honda are quite good at replacing issues like the one i've got.

But he then asked where I bought the car from. Told him it was Motorpoint, and then he went on about some crap about the fact they import cars from Cyprus. Don't know what that was all about.

Anyway, i've to phone the service team on Monday, as they are not in today.
They do import vehicles from allover and are up to UK laws and standards but some don't have the same spec that a UK version would have e.g. an alarm, rear wipers, air con etc etc, did the salesman not inform you of this during the sale or did he tell you that it is a UK model. You probably will have the UK version but slim chance you may not, and if so going on how anal Honda are they may say no to warranty work. There are people who have got cars from there and have been given a non UK version but with a higher spec and all the gadgets at a real cheap price, check the spec of your model and go around the car ticking it off see if your missing anything or have gained anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They do import vehicles from allover and are up to UK laws and standards but some don't have the same spec that a UK version would have e.g. an alarm, rear wipers, air con etc etc, did the salesman not inform you of this during the sale or did he tell you that it is a UK model. You probably will have the UK version but slim chance you may not, and if so going on how anal Honda are they may say no to warranty work. There are people who have got cars from there and have been given a non UK version but with a higher spec and all the gadgets at a real cheap price, check the spec of your model and go around the car ticking it off see if your missing anything or have gained anything.
Thanks. I had a wee search on google for this, as I was worried why he mentioned it. I was reading things like, the Cypriot models don't have the same protection as UK models.

Nothing was said by the motorpoint salesman. He didn't say it was an import, but neither did he say it was a UK car. It's not one of they things that jump to your head to ask. I bought it at 11 months old with 1 previous owner. With this information and nothing sinister on any the documents I was handed, I didn't even think to question it.

I've had a look through all my documents again and nothing points to it being an import. Any way I can check this though?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts