2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I need an Iron remover and a tar remover. Reading through the options seem to be;

De-Ironiser - Iron-X, scholl concepts and purple rain

Tar- Tardis, Tar-X (I can only find tardis 5L variety which is overkill for me at the moment.)

What should I order? Standard size bottles if you may and at reasonable costs ;)

Also, the only alloy seal I have is AG, should I update that too?

Not going to order the ceramic stuff yet awaiting for some more reviews from us normo's first!

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
I have used Iron-X & Purple rain from Autobrite. I find that they are both the same, they both stink awful but do their job. See my wheel thread in cleaning.

Autosmart Tardis can be bought in smaller sizes from a well known auction site ;)

Wheel sealant, there are loads of products out there. I used to use Poorboys, but I will be using the Magic ceramic very shortly.

Are you going to the show & shine on the 1/4 at Shinearama? if so you can have my poorboys, about half a tub left.

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used Iron-X & Purple rain from Autobrite. I find that they are both the same, they both stink awful but do their job. See my wheel thread in cleaning.

Autosmart Tardis can be bought in smaller sizes from a well known auction site ;)

Wheel sealant, there are loads of products out there. I used to use Poorboys, but I will be using the Magic ceramic very shortly.

Are you going to the show & shine on the 1/4 at Shinearama? if so you can have my poorboys, about half a tub left.
Thanks for he offer dude :)

It was my intention to go but I'm in centreparcs that weekend for a lads holiday so can't make it :(

I reckon I'll be kicked out of show and shine anyway- until I let Wayne loose on my car :D:D:D

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very generous of you :)

If its going to waste then I'll be happy to take it off you so its not in your way ;)

May be worth trying the swaps section first?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.