2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking at buying some Honda type s alloys 18 inch from an 8th gen civic.
Will these fit a 9th gen civic?

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Am looking at buying some Honda type s alloys 18 inch from an 8th gen civic.

Will these fit a 9th gen civic?
The mk8 honda type s wheels were 17inch on mine. No idea if they'd fit the mk9 tho, sorry.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Honda 8 gen OEM wheels are et 55.

The PCD is shared with the 9 gens.

9 gen OEM wheels et is 45 or 50 depending on width and dia. meaning an OEM 8 gen wheel would sit a little more inboard of the arch fitted to a 9 gen given/if the widths of both were the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda 8 gen OEM wheels are et 55.

The PCD is shared with the 9 gens.

9 gen OEM wheels et is 45 or 50 depending on width and dia. meaning an OEM 8 gen wheel would sit a little more inboard of the arch fitted to a 9 gen given/if the widths of both were the same.
So would a 5 or 10mm spacer sort this?

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Given 2 wheels the same width, appropriate width spacers used with an 8 gen wheel fitted to 9 gen car would position the wheel similarly to that of the original wheel.

Of course should the 8 gen wheels be wider for example, then without spacers the position of the outside of the wheel may finish under the arch as the original.

(as well as pcd's and et's and spacers, there's always the question to consider will the inside of the wheel foul/contact any part of the car/ suspension/brake part etc, and of course the wheel mounting bolts lengths/mounting face profile)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can confirm 18's et 50 work fine on swapped wheels. Swapped my friends mk8 wheels to check clearance and they were fine. Do consider spacers as they do add a nice touch interms of moving the wheels outwards and creating a better over all look. Also have eibach lowering springs fitted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts