2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive had a quick scan through and seen a few posts about these alloys but no specific info for my car.

They are 18" Rota GR6 not sure which colour would look best with my cosmic grey civic: steelgrey or bronze?
Also Will the offset 45 fit on my 5 door?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Tbh, i bought the bronze ones. My preference and i think they will stand out more with the grey car. Got 3weeks to decide what tyres to get till i can afford them. Can i use the standard wheel nuts?

I got the wheels from here if anyones interested.

Rare Rims | Rota Wheels UK

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wheeels arrived today, they look so much better in the flesh.
just wondered will the OEM honda locking wheel bolts work with these alloys?

also i cant wait till feb to get them fitted so i moved some money around and going to get them tyres and fit them tommorow. will the 225/40 tyres fit best with these? i had 205/55 on the standard 16" wheels

not looking forward to the dreaded phone call to the insurance company!:worms:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
nice buddy

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Chances are they won't (I'm afraid I don't know for certain).

Honda OEM wheel nuts have a rounded seat – like an acorn. Most other wheels use a nut with a tapered seat.

EDIT: It is possible to get washers that convert a rounded seat to a taper (that's if you don't want to purchase a new set of locking wheel nuts).

wheeels arrived today, they look so much better in the flesh.
just wondered will the OEM honda locking wheel bolts work with these alloys?

also i cant wait till feb to get them fitted so i moved some money around and going to get them tyres and fit them tommorow. will the 225/40 tyres fit best with these? i had 205/55 on the standard 16" wheels

not looking forward to the dreaded phone call to the insurance company!:worms:

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its going to be the end of the week now before they go on the car as ive ordered my own tyres falken ze 912's and also ordered black locking wheel nuts (only £12) to match the black nuts that came with the wheels

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok got the wheels on today. looking great,

but my insurance is no longer willing to cover me by!! its RAC but underwriten by AVIVA, absolutely raging!!!!! beware if your planning the same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.