2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Here is an update on a ceramic super-sealant I have been testing and offering on certain treatments of late.

This BMW alloy wheel was protected with the ceramic coating the first week in January this year, since then the car has covered 1400 miles.

Same wheel after nothing more than a rinse;

And a video of the coating in action to show how easy it is to care for your wheels afterwards;

Ceramic Wheel Coating - YouTube

Next I will do a comparison between this coating, Autobahn, and Poorboys :cool:

All the best,
Matt.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's cheaper than G|Techniq C5. Works out around £15 for 10ml, which is enough to coat the rim faces at the very least. It was actually some I had leftover from the Honda Civic Type-S I coated at the back end of last year. :cool:

If anyone is interested, I will be buying some more in and could probably supply 10ml for about £18 delivered, maybe less (need to work out postage costs of the small vials).

Life expectancy is about 12-18mths on wheels, depending on mileage. It doesn't get worn off by wheel cleaners either, although as shown, you don't need them anyway! Could be a good purchase, and in the long run save you money on the cleaners themselves?

Can be used on plastics and paintwork too ;)

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
It's cheaper than G|Techniq C5. Works out around £15 for 10ml, which is enough to coat the rim faces at the very least. It was actually some I had leftover from the Honda Civic Type-S I coated at the back end of last year. :cool:

If anyone is interested, I will be buying some more in and could probably supply 10ml for about £18 delivered, maybe less (need to work out postage costs of the small vials).

Life expectancy is about 12-18mths on wheels, depending on mileage. It doesn't get worn off by wheel cleaners either, although as shown, you don't need them anyway! Could be a good purchase, and in the long run save you money on the cleaners themselves?

Can be used on plastics and paintwork too ;)
Is that enough for 4 wheels? (inside as well)
If so..Put me down for some!! PLEASE? :D

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never actually measured it, but, out of 25ml I did that Honda Civic (full car), 1 set of 22" wheel fascias and those 19" BMW wheels I showed. So I think 10 is more than enough for the rim faces and more than likely enough to do the wheel inners..

I will work out some accurate postage costs Chris and come back to you - I'm going to put my order in next week I'd have thought, so should have this ready for month end.

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Id be interested in this product! Looks like it does the part!!!!

Would it work for the entire car? Then every time it rains (most days in the UK) the car will looks like new each time! The dirt just falls off...

Wishful thinking

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Id be interested in this product! Looks like it does the part!!!!

Would it work for the entire car? Then every time it rains (most days in the UK) the car will looks like new each time! The dirt just falls off...

Wishful thinking
Yes, it works on the paintwork and plastics. Imo, it's more versatile than the G|Techniq equivalent, aswell as being cheaper per ml.

I posted a thread in here called "a magical Honda" - the same product was used on that, and yes it works in a similar fashion on the paintwork. I'm trying to get that car back in for some recording! I want to do the same type of demo with the paintwork on that. Another key point is Honda's soft paint; this coating increases swirl and light scratch resistance by up to 50%, effectively upgrading your soft paint into what I class as intermediate-hard.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Where can I get this?? If it works on my white wheels then I'm a very happy man!!

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To apply to wheels you just use a makeup removal pad, leave it between 10-30mins depending on air temperature (the cooler it is the longer you leave it). Paintwork requires a foam 'block' applicator. Remove using a microfibre work towel.

I am best working out the postage and actual product costs and decide what size I should buy, as I need stock of it myself, and so I can also make it available to you guys. Maybe I am best putting more specific info into another thread in the commercial section? I wasn't expecting people to ask how much and where from, as it was really just a news update to keep you guys in the loop!!!

Matt.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I wasn't expecting people to ask how much and where from, as it was really just a news update to keep you guys in the loop!!!
Hardly surprising when you're offering magic in a bottle... :D

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Thats very nice Matt thanks for review.

Looking forward to see more of its durability.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.