2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sent off the Rage alloys to get refurbished - it was a toss up between Pristine and Rimstock in Birmingham as to who got the business - however Rimstock came over as very professional and sent some examples of recent work.
What was really good was my local dealer has given the lend of a set of wheels (actually standard type r ones! - I think its because they owed me a favour for cocking up a recent appointment re the recall - however top marks to Springfield Honda at Durham!!)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rage Refurbishment

Yes - will post some pics - I forgot to take some of how they were!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I might ask Durham if I can have a lend of the wheels when I get mine refurbed.

How much did Rimstock charge if you don't mind me asking.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheels coming back!

Wheels coming back tomorrow - Informed that they have painted the anthracite a little darker than original (I think its better). They are being really careful re the finish - one wheel failed the QA on a small blemish and has been redone.
I've attached a photo of one of the wheels prior to the diamond cutting taking place
(Cost was £70+ VAT per wheel)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
the day i read your first post i poped down to avonvale to ask for some loan wheels and they turned me away :( wish i could get my hands on a loan set so i can refurbish my wheels

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was lucky to get a loan of the wheels - I was looking to try and get a set of cheap ones off e-bay to allow me to get them done - so it saved me a few quid!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Alloys have arrived!

Alloys arrived today and I am well pleased! They will need a little bit of cleaning and hopefully the rimwax will arrive just in time for tomorrow.
The grey is slightly darker than the Honda finish - but I prefer it as it highlights the diamond cutting!. Top marks to Rimstock at Birmingham for their work - the whole experience in dealing with them was professional - I would recommend their work!
Nice touch that the wheels were returned with a lovely machined alloy valve cap matching the wheels.

I also purchased a new set of centre caps from Benfield at Stockton - princely sum of £12 for a set of 4!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woolz - I'm in the North East they arranged couriers to pick up and drop off the wheels (£50).

Diamond cutting is how the finish is applied to the face of the wheel.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More pics of finished wheels

Further pics of the finished wheels. Had to get a tyre changed on one today after finding a nail - held my breath whilst they changed it - but good job no marks to the wheel!

The dark grey finish with metallic fleck is great!

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do they have a website?? Im considering a refurb on one of my rages.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks KWB259! may just give them a shout

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi,

I'm thinking of having my rages done in gloss black but keeping the centre caps silver with the red H, what are your opinions?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keep them as standard! I had the insides done in a slightly darker grey and metallic and they look good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts