2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was considering getting my alloys sprayed black. Does anyone know how much this costs to get done?

And would anyone recommend or advise against this?

I've got a 59 1.8 Type S in Silver.

Also, I was considering getting the windows rear and side windows tinted, can anyone tell me how much I am likely to spend on this?

Cheers in advance.
Marc

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
It cost me 70 quid to get my rear windows tinted and I've recently had a quote for £240 to get my wheels powder coated gloss black. I would go for powder coating of the wheels rather than painting as it will likely be more durable, hope that helps :)

Reactions: MarcD

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
That was the cheapest quote I had for my wheels, had one quote over £300 :(

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
£30

hi i had 5 18" alloys powder coated in silver for £150 and they looked well but ive now got 19" rage wheels in nighthawk black had them a year and still gud as new

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Powder coating every time ...

There was a big Honda 2-wheeler (1200 cc) parked beside me at work today - talked briefly to the owner as I was leaving ...

The bike's wheels - and the wheels on the trailer ! - were powder coated, and looked just lovely ...

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
stu theres a placejust opened in ryhope
Nice one, Have you got the contact details? The 240 quote was from SEM in Southwick, I have heard nothing but good reports about these but will see what price the place in Ryhope can do ;)

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
i havent mate but its in the same little place as hawktune?
I think I know where it is, may have a drive down sometime over the weekend if I get a chance. Cheers fella :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts