2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I may be teaching some people to suck eggs but can't find a thread about this after a quick search so for those who don't know:

1. Did you know there is an alternate layout 'skin' for your head unit and it looks so much better. To find it from the main screen: Settings > System and then scroll down until you see 'Change Skin'. The 'buttons' are also square rather than letter boxed making them easier to hit when driving and you can change which functions are displayed as the quick access keys. You can also move some buttons around by press and hold (like a smart phone).

2. Did you know there is also a hidden menu. Swipe down from top centre on the home screen, the the screen changes and then touch the triple slider icon just after the date (see attached pic), this takes you to various option including 'display' to change the wallpaper, text size etc.

Having change both my skin and wall paper my screen now looks like this (a bit gaudy to show the layout but there are loads of options for the wall paper):

(you can also import your own picture to use as wall paper).

That should while away a few lunchtimes :grin2:

Attachments

Reactions: HUGHIE1033

·
Premium Member
358 Posts

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
I get asked whose she and told to remove her whenever misses gets in. I don't know who she is but what a rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. Did you know there is an alternate layout 'skin' for your head unit and it looks so much better. To find it from the main screen: Settings > System and then scroll down until you see 'Change Skin'.:
Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I have the hidden skin displayed now and I like it. Unfortunately, I cannot now find the general settings menu.......to change brightness etc.

Please help!!

Many thanks

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
If you slide screen up ... on the bottom right there is a small circle with four? Squares inside. This is route to settings, well it's one of them. Not in car so can't remember the other.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts

Behind this bottom right circle or if you slide to the screen on the left you find this

Then just follow the yellow brick road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts