2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. The age old aircon problem. My a/c stops blowing cold after use and when it gets warmer. The relay is the updated one but I've noticed it gets hot so may be a reason for not working. Has anyone used non honda relays such as the vauxhall one or others that are more reliable.

·
i-Vtec
2,272 Posts
If it stop when it gets warm its not most likely not the relay, its the washer behind the clutch plate needs replacing. It expands fractions of a mm and takes the clutch plate too far away to allow a connection.
Someone used the Vauxhall one but sure they had to leave the cover missing.

Anyway here's a list of available relays from Autodoc.

Here is the how2 on changing the Compressor shims.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I used GM part number 13266316. There is a handle on top which needs cutting off to get the fuse box lid to close.

Having said that, I think your issue is the clutch as mentioned by Das.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi do you have link to the item. Looks like I may also need one. Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update..I ordered shims from cox honda and re shimmed this morning. The air gap was over 1mm and reduced it to .6mm .
Holding the pulley was a challenge and found an offset 14mm ring spanner was best. So far so good but it's cooler today so will know more when it gets warmer.

Cheers for the help.

·
i-Vtec
2,272 Posts
Didnt even know you could buy the shims from honda. Im sure a Dealer once told someone a new compressor, well I suppose you'd expect that. Do you have the part number from them and ill update the how2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts